Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #11

Re: September Trip to Vancouver Island

When we were getting our ticket for the WSF to Vancouver Island there was a large sign at the ticket booth. Said something like: All gasoline containers must be declared before boarding. Improper containers are cause for not being allowed to sail. It said something like that. So, as soon as I got the the ticket booth a said we had a 5 gallons gasoline with us. The ticket agent looked puzzled at me and gave me that look of WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS? Could just as easily have told him we had a green tomato with us. All he said was "is it in an approved container?" I of course said yes. He waved us on. Still had that look on his face that said why are they telling me this. Must not look at the 3 foot by 3 foot sign on the front of his booth.

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #12

Re: September Trip to Vancouver Island

This is the complete opposite of dry camping. We did find the Ripple Rock RV park north of Campbell River on Vancouver Island to be the best private campground we have ever stayed at. Below is a review we did of it for another forum.

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote