Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #131

Re: So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

We are planning to be there, Dr. appoint in the am, should be out there in the afternoon.

Dave

duneattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #132

Looks like we are out too. See you on the next one.

Craig
05 EB 50 V10 4x4 Baja Tan
calclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #133

I do not know yet if I will be able to go but I would sure like to. Time will tell. It is at 50/50 right now. I have printed out the map that Jeffery posted.

Please post the CB channel you decide to use as I have a CB.

May I suggest to use channel 4, with #10 for the interference Eliminator Code on the Family Channel radios. That is a GMRS/FRS channel on my Motorola "Talkabout" that is 1 watt. . Channels 8-14 are only 0.5 watt.

Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #134

So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
I do not know yet if I will be able to go but I would sure like to. Time will tell. It is at 50/50 right now. I have printed out the map that Jeffery posted.

Please post the CB channel you decide to use as I have a CB.

May I suggest to use channel 4, with #10 for the interference Eliminator Code on the Family Channel radios. That is a GMRS/FRS channel on my Motorola "Talkabout" that is 1 watt. . Channels 8-14 are only 0.5 watt.

Angel
Ok. We will all be on CB channel 4.

Btw - map, GPS coordinates, pics and detailed directions on page # 1, post #1.

Please don't confuse our SMB Fish Creek meet/camp location with the primitive Fish Creek camp area. Generally, same direction, but notice that you will look for a sign about a 1/4 mile up Fish Creek and follow it to the left to our Smb meet location.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #135
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
...Please don't confuse our SMB Fish Creek meet/camp location with the primitive Fish Creek camp area. Generally, same direction, but notice that you will look for a sign about a 1/4 mile up Fish Creek and follow it to the left to our Smb meet location.
Glad you clarified this. I had the established camp area set on my GPS, so I need to make a slight adjutment to it.

Is our camp site visible from the Split Mountain Rd/Fish Creek junction?

Herb
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #136

So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:
...Please don't confuse our SMB Fish Creek meet/camp location with the primitive Fish Creek camp area. Generally, same direction, but notice that you will look for a sign about a 1/4 mile up Fish Creek and follow it to the left to our Smb meet location.
Glad you clarified this. I had the established camp area set on my GPS, so I need to make a slight adjutment to it.

Herb
Hopefully, Tapatio or someone else can comment on this.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #137

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:

Herb
Hopefully, Tapatio or someone else can comment on this.

You won't be able to see the camp but you can see the hill/mountain that the camp is next to.

Split Mountain road is washed over with sand from Fish Creek. When the road turns to sand make a right and stay on the right hand side of the wash. About 1500 feet from the turn you should see this sign.

Follow it and turn left when the road splits, you should see everyone in the small valley below the mountain.

Here's an overview. 30 foot RV's have made it to this spot so any 2wd can make it.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #138

Just stumbled across this.... Are you guys planning on staying in one area or are you moving around. (if so how to connect with group on the road with out CB/radio) Do cell phones work? I would not be able to leave SF bay area until Friday am, but I/we would love to try to make the round up! I am sure the answer is posted here somewhere... but I am at work and don't have a lot of time to peruse. I love how these things are simply an excuse to spend money and embark on more turn key adventures Look forward to the chance to put faces with some of these faces.. Now home to sell the wife
Thanks, Travis
GoProCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #139
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoProCowboy
Just stumbled across this.... Are you guys planning on staying in one area or are you moving around. (if so how to connect with group on the road with out CB/radio) Do cell phones work? I would not be able to leave SF bay area until Friday am, but I/we would love to try to make the round up! I am sure the answer is posted here somewhere... but I am at work and don't have a lot of time to peruse. I love how these things are simply an excuse to spend money and embark on more turn key adventures Look forward to the chance to put faces with some of these faces.. Now home to sell the wife
Thanks, Travis
Travis,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm arriving sometime Friday (I got home from the east coast just about 10 minutes ago), I plan on setting up camp, and I plan on staying there until Monday morning. I might throw in a few short hikes, but other than that I plan on sitting on my ass and kicking back.

Herb
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #140

I am going to be coming out Saturday, really looking forward to meeting more forum folks. I still have not heard definitively as to whether SWMBO and kids are coming along, too. Hoping to have a few growlers of Stone and/or Ballast Pt. brews.

As this is basically in my back yard I thought I would throw out a suggestion for those driving from/through LA, IE and/or OC: take the 79 east from Temecula through Warner Springs. It's one of my favorite drives in So. Cal and it should cut some mileage off and also help you avoid the Salton Sea area and the 86 (unless you're looking to load up on crank ). If you can take the 74 (from Palm Desert off the 10) down to the 79 east, even better but I'm not sure how much time, if any, that would save. Hope that helps.

webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote