Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #41
Site Team

Garage
The media is pumping this thing up so bad that some so called experts are planning on millions of people to be packed into every public accessible spot along the path. Cell phone disruption and sanitary issues plus problems obtaining basic supplies. No I don't trust 90% of the news fake news reporting, but would hate to drive into a traffic jam much less trying to drive out of it. If I go I'll have to leave out at least a week or more prior just to see if I can find a spot to camp so I'm kinda rethinking heading toward the Teton'sand maybe find some obscure spot at high altitude the masses can't go but my van can.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #42

This is starting to remind me of the Y2K warnings. Hope it turns out to be just as uneventful; I mean the mob scene, not the eclipse itself.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:06 AM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortorelli View Post
WOW! What if it's cloudy? LOL.
You just move forward ! :-)
Old 08-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #44

Heading up to Weiser, ID for the eclipse.

https://www.weisereclipse2017.com/

Hope we can get out of there in a decent amount of time.
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #45

Garage
^^^ just an fyi, the county that weiser is in has claimed emergency status as they expect 10's of thousands of people in that area. it is seriously going to be a madhouse in washington county. get here early and plan on staying till at least tuesday. hopefully it's being over hyped but be prepared. have a full tank of gas and supplies in case you get hosed somehow.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ just an fyi, the county that weiser is in has claimed emergency status as they expect 10's of thousands of people in that area. it is seriously going to be a madhouse in washington county. get here early and plan on staying till at least tuesday. hopefully it's being over hyped but be prepared. have a full tank of gas and supplies in case you get hosed somehow.
Thanks.

I am hoping that this is over hyped but I will be prepared. There are still plenty of camping spots everywhere I call or email so I think there may be a lot of day trippers.
LandVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #47

Garage
https://boise.craigslist.org/for/d/e...245724064.html

Just stumbled onto that add. Just in case people are still looking for places to watch. Might be more. I found that one with a search for camping.

Also saw on expo that someone was giving up a spot at redfish lake in stanley. Those spots generally are a year out when there isn't an eclipse. It's an amazing area although I heard the bugs are really bad right now. Horseflys and skeeters...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:25 AM   #48

Garage
Yes, expect huge traffic jams. The one I saw about 15 years ago in Europe caused hundred miles + traffic jams and if I hadn't rented a motorcycle for the day, I would never have come to see the total eclipse.

Anyway, it was an incredible experience I definitly must repeat one day!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 AM   #49

Awesome. My yard will have 4 people in it and the usual amount of campers. There are currently no spots available.......however money does talk.

I must say that my Sportsmobile mentality has me wondering why anyone would follow the herd into a crowded place to see something in the sky. Whether I saw full, partial or whatever no way I'd be sucked into the fray.

YMMV
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #50

I have secured a spot at a buddies, buddies house in Rigby Id!
Trying for a Sunday morning arrival from Boise and hoping that will avoid at least some of the traffic. Fingers crossed.
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar eclipse 2017