Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #31

Re: Spring Break in Baja Anyone?

Okay, here's a firm date from us. We'll roll in to Conception Bay on the 17th at some time. Some friends from Loreto are coming up on the 18th to camp with us (they have a T@B teardrop -I love T@B tear drops). So, we have to absolutely be at Conception Bay on the 18th. Scat, don't know what it is, but these friends from Loreto are of your generation too. They remind us quite a bit of you guys. You guys will like them very much. Anyway, going to be on the south end. Likely Requeson, but if not, at least in the neighborhood. Easy to spot us I'd think. Look for the ridiculously over sized camper, with two uncontrollable hellions running around (plus our two kids) and a gold-ish dog. Tom, you guys are excepted as well.

No excuses. For the record, a broken foot is not a good excuse! You know who you are and you can just favor the other foot. Geeszch. "Oh, my foot is broken and its hard to walk on sand." Shame...shame.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #32

Got it on the CB 13, 11, 23.

Only bad part of the race for me is that we won't be there in time to watch it. We will watch out for the returning racers.

We are set on going down the East side. I have been down 1 many times, looking forward to seeing something different this time. Coming from Arizona it also makes sense to try the Mexicali crossing which I've never done.

Looks like we will get to Scatters the day of crossing or next day then plan from there.

We should be able to catch you guys in conception. Won't say for sure though since I'm only one of 5 making the decisions. What time do you think you guys will head North?

I'll email tomorrow. At work now.
tom.

https://sportsmobile4x4.blogspot.com/
panion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #33

Not sure when heading north, but chances are good we'll be at Conception when you get that far south. Ch 13. We are likely going to Loreto at some point, but I can check emails there. Doesn't look like we'll hit La Ventana, which is bad because I`ll get crap for that all summer from our buddy that lives there in winter. We'll figure it out. Scatter, word is Buffet is going to be at Conception on the 18th, but its very hush hush.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #34

Sent you an email deminimis. Nice try on shameing me into doing what I shouldn't. My life has been miserable for the last three months from this damn foot. I only have one (hopefully) month to go and I'm not going to screw it up and have to do this all over again during the summer. I know your whole trip will be ruined without us so you'll just have to stop by the beach shack on your way north. By the way, I'm not that much younger then you, pretty much the same generation.
Can't see any reason to go there to visit Warren either. I don't have any money to invest....
Via con dios my friends. Hope to see one of you on your way south and the other heading north.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #35

Scat, I didn't come onto the scene until the tail end of LBJ's administration. I'm guessing you listened, rather, watched Roosevelt's inauguration at the nickelodeon. Teddy, not FDR.

Ha ha! We catch up with you guys on the trip north. Bloodies @ 8!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
Scat, I didn't come onto the scene until the tail end of LBJ's administration. I'm guessing you listened, rather, watched Roosevelt's inauguration at the nickelodeon. Teddy, not FDR.
Sheeezzz, kids today can be so cruel....

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #37

We're back, alive and in good health. It was good to see Mr and Mrs Scatter for a bit. We lost track of time and actually crossed a day earlier by accident and didn't realize our mistake until it was too late. Oh well. Managed to squeeze in a day at Legoland for The Boy and a day visiting an old high school friend in northern CA as a result. Got boarded at every checkpoint heading north and even had to go to Secondary for the first time ever when crossing back into the US. Thinking Mrs. Deminimis was looking rather shady, thus why we received the extra attention. I tried to convince the authorities that we were smuggling the kids into the country, hoping they would be confiscated, but no such luck. The Boy took a stingray barb to the heel in Conception Bay, so that was kinda cool. Didn't slow him down for long though.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #38
Site Team

Garage

Except for your boy. Ouch...glad all went well D.
Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #39

Yup, twas good to see deminimis and tribe again. Even though he is a traitor for selling his SMB.... But I gotta admit, his new rig is awesome!!! What a palace. Ya park on his east side and the sun sets an hour earlier.

Hope to see ya up north later this year deminimis.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #40

Just a little taste for Dave