Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Tetons, Yellowstone, Gallatin NF mid-May thru mid-June

Hi --

Looks like I'll probably be able to head up to YNP, GTNP and GNF shortly, departing Austin this weekend. This has come about on short notice, so I haven't done any planning -- that, and loading the van, will be the major activity of the next four days.

I figure I'll make a bee-line for Jackson and spend about three weeks up there, including the Memorial Day weekend. By mid-June, I will wander back down to Texas via the Durango area.

EDIT: I've decided to flip the trip, heading up slowly through Durango, Moab, cutting over to 191 and on up to YNP near or after Memorial Day. It makes more sense given this year's snowfall and late road/campground openings.

Suggestions for campgrounds, drives, hikes, bike rides (MTB) in MT/WY, or in the Durango area would be greatly appreciated. I'll contact YNP, GTNP and GNF tomorrow to find out opening dates for campgrounds. I'll also have to find out about opening dates for mountain passes.

My other constraint is that for a few days I'll need access to WiFi for work, so I figure that means spending time in coffee shops in Gardiner, Cody and Jackson. The good news is that by early afternoon each day I'll be free to play!

Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated. BTW, my van is 2WD, so boondocking options are somewhat limited.

Thanks,

Meredith

Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Re: Tetons, Yellowstone, Gallatin NF mid-May thru mid-June

Hello Meredith,

While in Jackson you must give me a call.
I can show you all the great places close by for you to camp and most are free and 2WD is no problem.

You are welcome to you use my drive way as well.

There are a number of excellent Mt Bike trails right from my house.

I live in Wilson 4 miles out of Jackson at the base of Teton Pass.

have a great trip
see ya soon

Ron & Sheila
I PM you my #