Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #91

so awesome! looks like fun. thanks for sharing the pics, jeff.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #92

It was darn cold, but everyone seemed to survive.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6793.jpg   IMG_6778.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Some day is now. I'm planning on doing the rally school at Dirtfish soon.

https://www.dirtfish.com/rally-schoo...-up-your-game/

Join me?

Very tempting, but I'm saving up $$ and vacation time for a trip on March. I'm out

I've done a couple different driving schools in the last 25yrs, you're going to have a blast!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #94

After rally school, comes a real highlight of the new year, King of the Hammers. I'm really looking forward to this one, it's considered as the toughest one day off road race in the world and the largest race in North America. I know at least two folks here are committed to going, and there's talk of some sort of off road trip either before or after the race, perhaps in Death Valley. Here's a teaser, https://youtu.be/Wel6Fxe8Tro
Advanced 4wd
Old 12-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #95

Garage
Have been there in 2015 with some folks of the forum, was great!
Old 09-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #96

Alaska was great, two months of exploring and camping with friends, but that's one for the books now, it's time to start planning for the next adventure(s). First up is Vancouver Island. A friend and I have put together an off road route that ends up at a very remote, wilderness beach at the far Northern end of the island, but way of a few hundred miles of logging roads and trails. This trip is scheduled for the second weekend in October and should last about four or five days, with options to extend it further. Several folks have expressed interest in joining up, and I'm open to others. If you might be interested let me know. After that, planning has begun for fall/winter trips that include Montana for Xmas, the King of the Hammers race in Feb, Death Valley, Moab, the Mojave trail, and then Baja. Dates are to be determined, but KOH starts Feb 1st, otherwise no dates have been finalized, I'm waiting to hear back from some folks on what works for them, but I'm open if anyone wants to join in on the fun.............
Advanced 4wd
Old 09-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #97
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
The next adventure (s)

Looks like you’re stuck with us for another round.....looking forward to dropping the Lance camper off at a storage place somewhere to explore Vancouver. Oh, and of course Baja, we’ll be down there all winter, hope to meet up with a few others along the way
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Looks like you’re stuck with us for another round.
I'm looking forward to it, the Vancouver Island trip is shaping up to be epic. I've got some routes laid out, I'm working on others, and when we catch up with my buddy Chris in Comox, were sure to have an adventure. He grew up on the North end of the island and knows plenty of remote, scenic camp sites, vistas, and places to explore. After Xmas, I've heard some interest in Death Valley and the Mojave trail before Baja. Great stuff is coming up..................
Advanced 4wd
Old 11-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
arctictraveller,I'm curious & interested your up-coming trips. I'm local so cal guy.
The Vancouver island trip was epic, with plenty of logging roads, beach time, sunny weather, and a huge three day storm. We had two vans (us and REF) a
BMW GS and a Toyota. While sitting out the storm, the next adventure began taking place in my head. At this point, I have several destinations in mind, but only one firm date so far. My goal is to visit Death Valley, run the entire length of the Mojave trail, spend a few days at the King of the Hammers race, then head for Baja. The race begins on Feb 1 and runs for a bit over a week, but I only plan to go for the last few days. The trophy trucks race on Thursday Feb 6th with the main race on Friday

https://ultra4racing.com/

Other than those dates, my schedule is open. REF will be in the area in the weeks prior, and is interested in a Death Valley trip, but he's on a slightly different schedule than I am, and wants to do it mid Jan, but that leaves a couple weeks prior to the Hammers to fill. Were trying to work it out, but in my perfect world, we would do Death valley just before the race, hit the race, then head to the Mojave trail after the race. REF will be in Baja by then, so I plan to catch up with him somewhere South of the border after the Mojave. This is all tentative, with the exception of the race dates though, and I'm willing to discuss alternate schedules if anyone wants to tag along.

A couple folks are confirmed for parts of the trip, a few others have expressed interest in all or part, but there's plenty of time to work it all out.
Advanced 4wd
Old 06-05-2020, 08:37 AM   #100

Exploring during covid-19

My 2003 7.3 Sportsmobile needs a road trip.
Looking for info on southern Wyoming, southwest Montana. Looking for smaller streams to fish and camp, seeking dispersed camping areas.
I do enjoy northeast Utah (Flaming Gorge) area and would like to expand my horizons.
Any information: web sites, printed material, 1st hand experience is welcome.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE FROM THE BIG CITY
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote