Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Ray, with that kind of time you may as well swing by the house (in Tennessee).
Soon!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #12

Garage
Targhee

We spent the weekend before last camped in the parking lot at Targhee - one of the last resorts that allow/support RV's.

I'm sure Shenrie has it on his list - the skiing is great as they have been getting pounded. Worth checking out for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8965.jpg  
dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #13

Well, our Second Annual Mountain Collective Second Childhood Mid Life Life Live To Ski out of the Van Before The World Truly Ends Craziness is starting end of this week!

Mammoth, Alta/Snowbird, Aspen mountains, Teluride, Taos(Yes!), swing through Boulder/Loveland, Jackson Hole, maybe a day at Targhee, Crater snowshoeing, Sun Valley, back to Mammoth, then Squaw/Alpine. Mostly RV sites winter stays. This trip will test our cold weather set ups.

Be great to connect with members along the way who share the same passions! Look for Beastie. He just had Hot Water system added and his new storage boxes should come in handy!!!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:46 AM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Taos allows camping in the parking lot. It's been a bit confusing with all the construction going on but that's fading. We haven't been yet this year but hopefully things haven't changed.

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #15

If you end up hitting Taos and making a southern swing the AZ Snowbowl in Flagstaff just got 92" in the last 6 days. The skiing has been ok.
Attached Thumbnails
south side.JPG  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #16

We did Targee, Bogus Basin and Jackson several years ago. Our favorite was Targee because it had dry powder. Bogus and Jackson had machine made crap for snow.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #17

I'll be up in Mammoth this weekend and on the hill on Saturday. I'll keep an eye out for your van. Main or Canyon??

Might be up that way on the end of your trip as well. Would like to say hello and check out the rig. Keep us posted here eh??
Old 01-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
...Bogus and Jackson had machine made crap for snow.
bogus has no water source. so its not man made, they just have crap snow a lot. great facility, terrible snowfall amounts. couple of years ago they didn't open until late January, lol. pass holders wernt too stoked bout that...then when it does actually snow, somehow or another every damn person in the valley has the day off and tears the shit outta the place before the regular job having folks can get up there to enjoy it. ive given up trying to get freshies at that resort.

Jackson hole is pretty badass with fresh snow, but targhee is on the right side of the range where the storms buildup. they get all the snow that jh doesn't and its no secret. lots of people in the Jackson area have season passes at both mountains. only resort ive been too that compares is whistler. the place is just freaking huge. when I had some stamina, I would do 15-20 top to bottom runs at bogus in a day. at jh I could do like 4. the terrain at that mountain along with the legal ob is pretty amazing, but of course mother nature has to be in sync with your visit.

big sky montana is another amazing resort. don't hear many folks talking about it, but both jh and bs claim to have the most vertical drop in the usa. no idea how factual those statements are.

glad our trips synced up ray. hopefully we can cross paths again. had a good time hanging out with you and the mrs last year.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I'll be up in Mammoth this weekend and on the hill on Saturday. I'll keep an eye out for your van. Main or Canyon??

Might be up that way on the end of your trip as well. Would like to say hello and check out the rig. Keep us posted here eh??
Hi Flux - Canyon most likely but skiing all over the mtn. Lincoln should be killer after so many years of little snow! Heck, maybe even the backside, would be nice to grab a lunch on the deck if the weather is nice.

We are staying at the RV park in town. Wife is getting boots so we will be in and out of Footloose. Would be great to connect! Where are you staying?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Hi Flux - Canyon most likely but skiing all over the mtn. Lincoln should be killer after so many years of little snow! Heck, maybe even the backside, would be nice to grab a lunch on the deck if the weather is nice.

We are staying at the RV park in town. Wife is getting boots so we will be in and out of Footloose. Would be great to connect! Where are you staying?

I stay over in Old Mammoth.

I still have your contact info and will give you a shout or drop by the park, I am sure I will find you!! I should be up on the hill Saturday early and searching for the last stashes! Gotta be a few left some place! I will hit you up for sure.