Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #11

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Re: Utah adventure trip report - 4X4 absolutely required!

I think Chris is planning on making this trip a few more times - maybe he will take some of us along with him.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #12

Beautiful van. Making me want 4wd lol
Old 12-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
I think Chris is planning on making this trip a few more times - maybe he will take some of us along with him.
Definitely planning more trips! For those of you who aren't scared of the cold, I'm thinking a February trip would be exciting! We might have to go around the big mountain instead of over it. This was at the end of October.

Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:12 AM   #14

Garage
Looking forward to the coming report...
Old 12-09-2015, 04:47 AM   #15

Great Start! Looking forward to more.

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
I took Agile's suggestion and caught your entire trip report on another site....MAN WAS IT BETTER THAN ANY TV I WATCHED OR BOOK I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME!!! I couldn't believe how I was spinning pages and looking for copy and pics!!! Great report, thanks for all the effort and yes, you should polish that thing up and submit it to a few offroad/travel magazines!!! You can make some good money, and as time goes by, trip by trip, you can pick up sponsors on the side of your van (for every pic) , have your trips paid for or at least written off let alone an excuse to start traveling more drivning your to-do roads, as your articles gain attention+readership/following=a reputable reputation for your opinions which will equal free stuff to test and report on....man the list goes on and on!!! Anyway, thank you!!!! Just seeing how you got out of problems, mentally and physically, gives many of us some "experience" albeit visually, to get out of situations (being stuck etc)...priceless! Even though many will never attempt such awesome trail driving, I bet many of those who won't go to that extreme, might just go down a dirt road or two they wouldn't have before!! Cool is just not a good enough word...but coooo-ooool!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
I took Agile's suggestion and caught your entire trip report on another site....MAN WAS IT BETTER THAN ANY TV I WATCHED OR BOOK I'VE READ IN A LONG TIME!!! I couldn't believe how I was spinning pages and looking for copy and pics!!! Great report, thanks for all the effort and yes, you should polish that thing up and submit it to a few offroad/travel magazines!!! You can make some good money, and as time goes by, trip by trip, you can pick up sponsors on the side of your van (for every pic) , have your trips paid for or at least written off let alone an excuse to start traveling more drivning your to-do roads, as your articles gain attention+readership/following=a reputable reputation for your opinions which will equal free stuff to test and report on....man the list goes on and on!!! Anyway, thank you!!!! Just seeing how you got out of problems, mentally and physically, gives many of us some "experience" albeit visually, to get out of situations (being stuck etc)...priceless! Even though many will never attempt such awesome trail driving, I bet many of those who won't go to that extreme, might just go down a dirt road or two they wouldn't have before!! Cool is just not a good enough word...but coooo-ooool!
Thank you very much! That sounds like a good idea with the trip reports but I don't know how to get it going. I did a Baja trip in January that I haven't had the time to do a report on...yet.

Out of respect for this forum I won't link the Utah report unless I'm told it's ok to do so. It honestly was too difficult to do both at the same time.

Thank you again for the encouraging words!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:44 PM   #18

It's a discussion forum. I'm not a mod but I don't think there is anything in the posting guidelines about links to other threads in other forums. It's all about stoke.

Besides this one is now supported by paid advertisements.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #19

Well...here it goes.

Utah in the fall 2015 - 9 days, 475 off-road miles, and 14 hours of digging! (PICS!) - Expedition Portal!)