It's time to wish you all Merry Christmas!
161. We slept near the ice cap...
162. ... in the middle of nowhere.
163. The trail was really rough, VivaLaVida drove at 3 mph for about 5 hours.
164. Then we were happy to find some flat!
166. VivaLaVida crossed the black sand desert.
167. A sandy flat about 50 miles wide.
168. Then we hiked to the wellknown Viti of Askja.
169. It's located in a large caldera, part of which is a large lake.
170. You can see recent lava flows
171. This little volcanic lake have water at about 70F and you can swim in it.
172. Wide volcanic plains.
173. A famous Icelandic mountain looking like a cheese cake.
174. Refuge in Askja.
175. Powerfull river carving its way in the basalt.
176. Entrance of the canyon.
177. Large gravel bar.
178. Sunset from our boondocking site.
Looking forward to your comments.