Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #31

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
Well, I'm glad everyone who's coming is coming, disappointed anyone who isn't isn't. Hopefully next time. If there are any lurkers please feel invited. No R.S.V.P needed.

To make it official we're meeting between 4 and 4:30 at Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah this Sunday, June 1st 2008. (I say between 4 and 4:30 because I may be closer to 4:30 due to the school play.)

I don't think we need to get too organized about food, this isn't a Boy Scout outing. A little planning will make things easier, though. I'll bring some Costco dogs and buns, something non-fancy for desert and some beverages to contribute to the cause. If someone could step up to burgers and buns everyone else can just bring whatever strikes their fancy, condiments, chips, side dishes, whatever. First ones there try to grab a good spot, and we're set.

I'm also bringing a pile of maps I just got covering a lot of the public state lands, in case any wants to look.

I have a very tentative plan to bring my daughters and go camping afterward, probably a campground like Lake Easton, then on for a little exploring the next day. They may spend a fair portion of the get together in the van detoxing to a Barbie video. We'll have to see how the play goes before we decide. Thats one nervous 6 year old.

Google Map to Lake Sammamish
Washington State Parks Web Site for Lake Sammamish

Old 05-31-2008, 09:42 AM   #32

BC -

Sorry you can't make it up for the cook-out. It'd be more driving than get together anyway.

The next drive with the group I did Whiskey Dick with is on the 11th. It goes from Ellensburg, WA up to Wenatchee via, it sounds like, a forest road built over an old wagon trail. At a minimum I can send you my GPS tracks from that and my Whiskey Dick trip. I am really wanting to go back and do Whiskey Dick again. If you were inclined to head up this way in the next few months I'd probably go with you.

http://www.pnwadventures.com/forum/trip ... -08-a.html
Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #33

Group Album for Uploads

Made a group album for your meet/greet. Everyone be sure to take lots of photos!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #34

Thanks, Jage. As always, you're the man.

Of course, neither of us took pictures when I stopped in Denver. I've been kicking myself since. Let's face it, you can't have enough pictures of portly, bald and bearded gentleman in big, scary vans.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #35

I ran a Boy Scout troop for 3+ years. If I'm getting carried away on meal planning and everybody wants to bring their own just let me know.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #36

I have dinner plans later on, so I'll just bring drinks and some snacks. (Is beer allowed in parks?)

-- Geoff
Old 05-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffff
Is beer allowed in parks?
As far as I know it is unless posted otherwise. I'm not sure they'd allow a kegger, but otherwise I think we're fine.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #38

I was thinking of some kielbasa to grill since it works better than hamburger on my grill. Other than that, some chips and stuff and drinks. I'll have extras to share.

See you guys at 4pm!

Brian
Old 06-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #39

Sounds good to me. I've got monster sized dogs --not from Costco, I didn't get that way yesterday -- but kielbasa is always good. I'm from Cleveland I've go to like it. We'll just call it a mixed grill.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #40

Garage

Great, see you all around 4:00pm. Not really knowing what specifically to bring for food... I am planning to bring vegetable/fruit trays, potato salad, and a cooler full of ice tea. I will read this thread once more before I head out later today... so if there are any specific food items you think would cap things off, please let me know and I will go get it.

Cheers,

Cheers,
---Bruce--- (epic-exposure.com/albums/adventure/)
twolost is offline   Reply With Quote