Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #11

It might be a bit out of the way, but I'd be up for going back to the Whiskey Dick/Quilomene WDFW lands area. This is a camping spot down by the Columbia River: (47.02211, -120.0205)

The October weather looks like it's 60's in the day and almost freezing at night.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
That's the spot.

Almost freezing sounds like good camping weather to me. But I like sleeping cold. And I have a heater.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #13

Garage

My weekend has been cut short as I have to be back home early on Sunday. I am now relegated to venturing out no further than the forest service roads in and around the Snoqualmie Summit area on Saturday - which will most likely be in the rain based on the latest forecast.

Oh well, if you are passing by the Family Pancake House accross the street from the Snoqualmie Ski Area around 7:00am on Saturday, you may find me there grabbing a coffee before venturing out into the surrounding hills.

Dang, I tried Bass fishing for the very first time at the same location that Geofff posted a picture of (no luck). I definately want a rematch at some point though!

Safe travels,
---TWOLOST---

Cheers,
---Bruce--- (epic-exposure.com/albums/adventure/)
twolost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #14

Our weekend is still open if we can come up with a consesus on where to go.

Geoff, I like the look of the spot on the Columbia and the weather will be much better on the East side of the mountains this weekend.

We are also open next weekend if we can't get anything going for this weekend.

Two Lost, Sorry to hear about you septic problems. Our neighbor had his drain field replaced last year and was very happy with the contractor. If you are interested in a referal let me know.

John
Old 10-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #15

Let's get a show of hands for who's up for it -- either this weekend or next. I can do both, and it sounds like John too.

The campsite is maybe 12 bumpy trail miles from Vantage Highway, so it might be best for a Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon adventure rather than Friday evening after work. But camping somewhere just off the highway Friday night is also an option.

-- Geoff
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #16

Geofff,

We are in for either weekend.

The only wild card for us is my sister is trying to schedule a famiily birthday celebration for my neice which might be a conflict.

John
Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #17

I just heard from my sister and we will be celebrating my niece's birthday this Saturday, so we are out for this weekend but are open for next weekend.

John
Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
Sounds like we'll have a better turn out next weekend. Why don't we plan on doing it then.

Not to flip-flop (It is the season), but my travel preferences aside there are a couple arguments for Gallaher Head Lake. It'll only be open till the snow hits, and it's fairly high up. It's closer to Seattle so probably a little easier since it seems like most folks are coming from this area. Easier to do as a day drive for those that don't want to spend the night. I might make a case for a group trip to Eastern Washington in December or January. In the end, personally, I'm happy going anywhere around here. I'll leave the destination to other peoples preferences.

Brian, when you were in there with NWOS did you drive any of the other roads/trails? I know some are/were closed due to fire danger. I'm curious if an SMB would fit down all the trails up there.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #19

Closer to Seattle is definitely an advantage
Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #20

Quote:

Brian, when you were in there with NWOS did you drive any of the other roads/trails? I know some are/were closed due to fire danger. I'm curious if an SMB would fit down all the trails up there.
I drove the main Fortune Creek trail to the lake and back with no problems.

We hiked the Hawkins Mtn Mines road (which is above the lake), and three rigs (not from our group) were driving it that day. One was a lifted Jeep, the others were a stock Nissan Xterra and a new four-door Jeep. These three rigs had no trouble with the worst parts of the trail. There are no trees that I recall that would be a problem for a van on this trail. There are steep, loose rocky sections near the end.

Three rigs on our group planned to run the Van Epps Pass trail, but it was closed due to fire damage. Our group leader had run Van Epps before and suggested I not try it in a SMB, due to tight clearances in the trees.

Hope this helps.

Brian