Originally Posted by Ocsmb
What are your 3 top criteria for smb destination planning and list them in order 1) being most important 3) being least?
Too many variables for me.
Local trips for me are usually a very different animal.
On a local trip that I return to frequently:
1) A scenic spot that never reaches over 85*
2) Camping far away enough from others so I can run my engine.
3) Limited drive times.
On a road trip:
1) Visiting unique & scenic spots.
2) Off road access to trails when possible.
Off road adventures:
2) Unique remote and scenic campsites.
3) Scenic and interesting trails.
Many times road trips, off road adventures and return visits to local areas can rolled into one. A road trip to a frequently visited spot where a base camp is established to do exploring the back country on 4x4 trails during my visit is an example.