Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #1

Yosemite Valley Camp Spot Sept 11-18

I'm heading down to Yosemite Valley for some climbing and was able to get a week long spot in Lower Pines campground. The spot still has space for one more vehicle and four more people. If anyone wants to camp out for the the week or just a few days let me know. I'll be heading down through Nampa today and then hitting Reno to pick up my buddy around seven tomorrow night.

If anyone wants to meet up give me a call. 509-389-2657

Cheers,
Adam

CaptainVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
Dang wish I had the time, the last time I was able to climb in the Valley was 2000, feels like it it was yesterday! Time fly's (when your having fun) have an awesome trip wish we could find the time to make it down,but not in the cards. Plus I'd love to see your van since you've had it redone.
Cheers,
Mark
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #3

My wife and I were just talking about visiting Yosemite tonight at dinner. We are thinking about early November.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks for the offer. I usually don't do campgrounds. That's why I bought a Sportsmobile.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
MSD

Garage
I'd love to know where you can camp (boondock) in the Valley, be close to climbing without having to pay… inquiring minds want to know. Lee Vinig is the last I know of and I think you have to pay there now… and that's clear out by Tuolumne. I'm pretty sure you've gotta do a campground if you want to be in the valley, but I'd be stoked if you know of a place that wasn't controlled by the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Thanks for the offer. I usually don't do campgrounds. That's why I bought a Sportsmobile.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
I'd love to know where you can camp (boondock) in the Valley, be close to climbing without having to pay… inquiring minds want to know. Lee Vinig is the last I know of and I think you have to pay there now… and that's clear out by Tuolumne. I'm pretty sure you've gotta do a campground if you want to be in the valley, but I'd be stoked if you know of a place that wasn't controlled by the park.
In Yosemite Valley that is correct. That entire place is monitored closely. When I visit there (mainly in the winter), I do the campground, but at that time of year it is not mobbed.