Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2020, 10:55 PM   #1

05 Converted to 2010 front clip

Converted my 05 Chinook to a 2010 front clip. Havent decided if i like the look or not.... I was going to freshen up the chip resistant texture paint at the base of the doors and fenders but the weather turned cold on me so it will have to wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg   Capture2.jpg  

Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #2

Very nice!

Do you have any install recommendations or feedback? How did the wiring for the lights go?

Is that an 2005 bumper or did you have to go with a 2008+ bumper?
El_Viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:42 PM   #3

I reused my 2005 bumper, course its not a factory bumper either. The lights are no big deal. You either purchase a pair of 9007 to H4 headlight adapter plugs or you simply cut off some plug ends at the salvage yard while youre there and fabricate your own. Then you simply plug them in.

Its a pretty straight forward swap. Only issue you might have is the fact that the older vans fender skirts have about 3 inches of metal that overhangs the radiator support in front. That extra metal needs to be trimmed off or else the fenders will be sitting to high up in front. Meaning you will have a huge gap between the top of your grill and the bottom of the hood when you shut it.

You will also have to fabricate a spacer for each fender if you want to install all of the upper fender bolts.

Hood bolts are larger on the newer vans so you will either have to drill out the holes in your existing hood hinges or else get a pair off of the donor truck.
Attached Thumbnails
download.jpg  
Old 10-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #4

Looks awesome! Even better with the ARB bumper.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #5

The front bumper is a Trailready. Trailready claims it has a 16,500 LB capacity, course i stuffed a 17,500 LB winch in it.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to egpeil Send a message via Skype™ to egpeil
I’m a fan of the older clips having an 04 van but i like yours - all black! When their chrome It’s too much.
egpeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:17 PM   #7

I agree about the chrome. But im still considering swapping it back, i havent convinced myself i like it. Mainly because the hood and fenders are longer than the older vans, more like a pickup truck for lack of better terminology.