Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2022, 03:20 PM   #1

2011 E250 Fuel Diagram Needed

I'm hoping someone can share with me a diagram of the fuel system for a 2011 E250. I'd like to convert my (limited range) CNG powered van to gasoline, with both a midship and aft-axle tank. I've acquired a midship tank, a fuel pump, the evap tank that bolts on top of the tank, the lines in between them, and a filler neck assembly. This should be a single line to the fuel rail with no return, I believe. However, I have two ports on the evap tank (the lower port and the one off the vapor seperator (?)) that I don't know where are connected.

Does anyone have a diagram of the system to share with me?

Thanks!

Kendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 04:39 PM   #2

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #3

Thanks, MG. That helps me identify the ports.

If I were to use generic fuel line for 9G297 (EVAP canister fresh air hose) and 9D683 (EVAP canister assembly-to-engine vapor hose), what would the other end of these connect to? With the current CNG fuel setup, I don't have an analogue to look at. Is 9G297 to some kind of filter? Does 9D683 connect somewhere on the engine?

By the way, I got home from Oklahoma to find your package in the middle of my yard. I think the UPS guy figured it was close enough to the front door and that no porch pirate was likely to run off with 70 pounds under his arm.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
Thanks, MG. That helps me identify the ports.

If I were to use generic fuel line for 9G297 (EVAP canister fresh air hose) and 9D683 (EVAP canister assembly-to-engine vapor hose), what would the other end of these connect to? With the current CNG fuel setup, I don't have an analogue to look at. Is 9G297 to some kind of filter? Does 9D683 connect somewhere on the engine?

By the way, I got home from Oklahoma to find your package in the middle of my yard. I think the UPS guy figured it was close enough to the front door and that no porch pirate was likely to run off with 70 pounds under his arm.
I remember seeing a page in the book that had a picture of the other end of things. I'll post it in a bit.

Ha! I often wonder what UPS drivers think of those packages as they deliver. Obviously, they aren't in love with 90lbs of steel. That's the main reason I pack them the way I do and take every package directly to the UPS hub so as to minimize the number of handlings.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #5

I may have to find a "normal" van to look at, if there's no diagram to be had. It's going to hurt to convert from CNG back to gasoline. I filled up at $1.54 a gallon from SoCal Gas near Hemet, CA yesterday, which is four dollars a gallon cheaper than the factory option.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3286.jpg  
Old 07-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #6

Garage
My understanding on the gas model the evap system has a self-test mode. It actually sucks on the system to check for leaks. That third port may be the test port.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:37 AM   #7

Have you looked in a bone yard for a complete fuel system?
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #8

Could you also post the fuel tank and lines for the aft tank as well?
jeff.depaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.depaul View Post
Could you also post the fuel tank and lines for the aft tank as well?
I'd think it'd be the same schematic diagram, just with a different format and part numbers. I'm planning on plumbing both tanks into the same evap canister and fuel supply line.
Old 08-04-2022, 05:26 PM   #10

I am doing the same thing on my 2010 gas V10. Factory stock mid-ship tank will remain, moved evap to new location and installing 55 gal aft axle tank soon with the MG crossmember kit. Need the diagram to know exactly how to plumb the hoses and still not sure where I will mount the filler neck yet.
jeff.depaul is offline   Reply With Quote