Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #11

Do you feel a difference in regards to acceleration or cruising speeds with the larger tires? If/when I go for a lift I think it'll definitely be a Weldtec. Do you have any pics?

RemingtonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonM View Post
Do you feel a difference in regards to acceleration or cruising speeds with the larger tires? If/when I go for a lift I think it'll definitely be a Weldtec. Do you have any pics?
Not a scientific response, but I haven't noticed a significant change in acceleration or cruising speed. But I'm also a fairly sedate driver when behind the wheel of my van--right lane & speed limit--as compared to when I'm driving my sedan. No issues accelerating onto the highway or from a stop. I haven't yet measured my MPG, but will post when I get around to that.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0035.jpg   IMG_0036.jpg  
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #13

Installed Baja Grocery Getter 6" lift very satisfied.
Attached Thumbnails
Van Lift.jpg  
skltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #14

I got an Agile RIP kit put on my 2wd van which gave it around a 2.5" lift. Also put 285s on it and re-geared to 4.10. Very pleased with the results!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_2120.jpg   DSC_2042.jpg  
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Let us know what you end up doing. I'm in a similar position, our van drives and handles great on the highway but I'm also interested in adding a lift to it. I like the idea for improved performance off road and aesthetically, but I am worried about it not driving as well on the highway.
Not sure where you are in ca but if your close to Huntington Beach,you can drive it around if interested...
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 PM   #16

Quote:
5.4 motor It’s a little bit more “lazy” with taller/wider heavier tire,if I’m feeling fast and furious I drive around town with overdrive off...
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Not a scientific response, but I haven't noticed a significant change in acceleration or cruising speed. But I'm also a fairly sedate driver when behind the wheel of my van--right lane & speed limit--as compared to when I'm driving my sedan. No issues accelerating onto the highway or from a stop. I haven't yet measured my MPG, but will post when I get around to that.
Looks great! What wheels and tires are you running?
mothgils is offline   Reply With Quote