Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #11

Is there a shot of the bumper mounted on the '07 and earlier van to be seen? I've seen it mounted on MGs on his other build post.

Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #12

The pics are hosted to Expedition Portal site, so you have to be logged in there to see the pics here. Maybe mk or mg can upload them here too for those who are not on ExPo.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:04 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
The pics are hosted to Expedition Portal site, so you have to be logged in there to see the pics here. Maybe mk or mg can upload them here too for those who are not on ExPo.
AHAH!
Now that makes sense.
Cool to know that the missing-picture phenomenon is apparently *not* due to an SMB Forum issue per se.

(*** It would be interesting to know how many other "missing image in an SMB Forum Thread" situations are indeed due to a similar "remote hosting on another members-only, login-restricted-image-viewing website" such as this situation....)

Q: With the SMB Forum changeover/redesign, has not the posting of images *directly on the SMB Forum server* been streamlined/simplified, so that they stay "tied to the thread," no matter what might happen with another remote image-hosting website? If it has been made easier (than not) to just post the images *right on the SMBF server,* then it seems the future "archiving" of informative/relavant posts like this one will be far more stable.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #14

I see all of the images... For a while last night some of my photobucket links dropped out but this morning things seem ok.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
I see all of the images... For a while last night some of my photobucket links dropped out but this morning things seem ok.

mgmetalworks
--- when you see the images, are you simultaneously logged-in to Expedition Portal?
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post

mgmetalworks
--- when you see the images, are you simultaneously logged-in to Expedition Portal?
I see where you're going with this... I tried all combinations. I only see Jeremy's pics while logged into Expo.

Jeremy's pics are hosted by expo, my pics are on photobucket. I see my photobucket pics logged in or out.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #17

That's how it works, you log into expo and get a cookie with the log-in session from the expo site. Now, as long as the cookie is valid, you see Jeremy's pics, even if you already closed the expo tab (and ticked the box "remember me" at expo log in). But you should see the Photobucket pics anyway.
Now I hear voices and one of them whistles the tune of Tetris, but that might be a different issue............
Old 04-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #18

@Michael
May I suggest a possible new product for you to build?
I'm after a set of LED light bar brackets for mounting a 50" curved light bar at the top of the windshield: like this

Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
@Michael
I'm after a set of LED light bar brackets for mounting a 50" curved light bar at the top of the windshield:
Getting off topic, but I'd be interested in this as well..

Here's a design idea, make them so they can move up or down the A pillar depending on where the user wants to install their light. I want to have it higher, in front of the penthouse, some may want it lower, like that image.. And based on my very rudimentary eyeballing, one kit could do both.

There's a place in AZ that makes these for many applications, and they were willing to a custom setup for about $150, but they needed a van to mockup with, as they were totally unfamiliar with SMBs and vans in general..
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #20

[QUOTE=Karsten;174182]@Michael
I'm after a set of LED light bar brackets for mounting a 50" curved light bar at the top of the windshield: like this

And perhaps add a small joystick controlled linear actuator that would allow you to aim the light on the fly for either high speed driving, or trail work.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote