Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 06:29 AM   #1

Add Interior Table

Anyone have suggestions for installing a small table? Has it been done? We're considering the purchase of an EB50, but may go for a walk-through. So, really, any sort of ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

BotmFedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:43 AM   #2

I should have mentioned that its the E-350 Econoline EB50 or walk-through we're interested in. But general comments are welcome, of course.
BotmFedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:45 AM   #3

Garage
Google “Laguna RV Table” - they seem to be very popular these days ( fold away nicely). Do a search on this forum for the same and you should get a couple threads that showcase their install).
https://www.lagunusa.com/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgJ26fD_BwE
Old 06-30-2022, 06:47 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Add Interior Table

Look up Lagun tables, lots of options. There’s several van or RV upfitters that have come up with other mounting options depending on what your needs are. Other versions are out there too, available on Amazon, that allow you to add the table top of your choice.
If mounting it to SMB’s MDF cabinetry(I use that term loosely), find an area that you can access to add a backing plate or at least large washers and through bolts to help secure it.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:31 AM   #5

Garage
My 2001 came from SMB with two “factory” table options. The first was part of the door galley. On mine the upper door was designed to flip up and act as a table surface when sitting on the rear couch. The second option was a portable table designed to mount under the couch cushion when not in use. My suggestion would be to get a van first and then figure out what table options would work for your needs.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

Playing with this setup for the Lagun mount. Table itself is mocked up. Swivel the two seats to face each other. May have issues with knees for two depending on stature.

Great work surface sitting in either seat. Shared eating space is good. Properly reinforced, the center console mount is very stable. Requires the console shown not the later model without lower bin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A66477F0-9F27-4E63-8873-7333D44FB099.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	44458

Click image for larger version

Name:	41B3F3D1-C3C6-446C-B05D-2E8493D512B6.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	44459
Old 06-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #7

Garage
Ray that's clever & very useful (on many different levels). Have me thinking on an application for my Van, so I'm curious if someone was to make a top as big as yours, but piano hinged so the two outer ends fold up onto the middle piece (creating a smaller flat table surface). Essentially you would have two sizes of table tops in one which one could utilize - would the mount for the table top on the Laguna frame accommodate such a design? Or would base mount have to be positioned farther in the middle of the center console (which I would not do then)?
Old 07-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Ray that's clever & very useful (on many different levels). Have me thinking on an application for my Van, so I'm curious if someone was to make a top as big as yours, but piano hinged so the two outer ends fold up onto the middle piece (creating a smaller flat table surface). Essentially you would have two sizes of table tops in one which one could utilize - would the mount for the table top on the Laguna frame accommodate such a design? Or would base mount have to be positioned farther in the middle of the center console (which I would not do then)?
We have a Lagun table mount. It all depends on how sturdy the mounting point is, and the weight of the tabletop. The Lagun itself is very sturdy. Ours is mounted to the Ford van side wall, which is thin sheet metal, so our top is 1/4" plywood 16x20. It will support a laptop but we are carefull not to pile stuff on it.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #9

I do not use the factory table under the seat.
I carry a traditional wood TV table which folds flat
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 06:51 AM   #10

Just "thinking" out loud -- haven't done it -- but what about storing just a table top to the upper forward bed platform of the P-top -- secured of course -- store legs under gaucho - easily accessed and reasonably quick set up ? I'm currently looking at getting a projector table (28" x 30" top) with screw on legs -- BUT -- this would be for an outdoor table for cooking set up, etc.
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote