Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #1

Advice for awning for 2015 Promaster 159

I have a 2015 Dodge Promaster sportsmobile and would like to install an awning. Would you recommend the Fiamma ones that sportsmobile installs? Are they easy to crank for a single senior female? They are just a little pricey to have sportsmobile install at about $2300. What about batwing type awnings? I’ve had several sportsmobiles but none of them had an awning and am looking to travel more now and an awning would be nice.

Suggestions and advice are much appreciated.

Diane

mericatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Advice for awning for 2015 Promaster 159

I’ve gone through several other brands of awnings, Fiamma is by far the easiest to operate, I dare say, even for a single senior female.....
They are spendy, but you’ll actually use it, vs. some of the others that require 2 people to set up and stow away or are too complicated to bother, I’ve dealt with both before getting our Fiamma. See if you can order the proper brackets required for the Promaster from somewhere, SMB or another up fitter and contact member 1der for the awning. Where are you located? maybe there’s a shop that could install for you nearby.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...65s-23556.html
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
I’ve gone through several other brands of awnings, Fiamma is by far the easiest to operate, I dare say, even for a single senior female.....
They are spendy, but you’ll actually use it, vs. some of the others that require 2 people to set up and stow away or are too complicated to bother, I’ve dealt with both before getting our Fiamma. See if you can order the proper brackets required for the Promaster from somewhere, SMB or another up fitter and contact member 1der for the awning. Where are you located? maybe there’s a shop that could install for you nearby.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...65s-23556.html
Thanks so much the advice! I was leaning toward getting the Fiamma one and just wanted to make sure it was worth the cost. Sportsmobile austin did the conversion so I’ll probably get them to install. It’s pricey but you are right that many others require 2 people to setup. I’ve tried some free standing covers and usually just get aggravated. Lol. Looking forward to traveling again!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:52 PM   #4
KDB

I love my 270 Darsche eclipse. With the outward walls (when attached) it's a large additional living space.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190414_224158.jpg   IMG_20190414_230719.jpg  
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
I love my 270 Darsche eclipse. With the outward walls (when attached) it's a large additional living space.
Wow that’s nice! The extra walls make it nice. It’s is hard to setup? My brother in law has a batwing type aw8ng with walls on his trailer and it’s great!
Old 08-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mericatr View Post
Wow that’s nice! The extra walls make it nice. It’s is hard to setup? My brother in law has a batwing type aw8ng with walls on his trailer and it’s great!
Very easy to open. THey've got some good sales vids on youtube to check out. It's a tight close but it won't take more than a couple uses to dial that in.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Very easy to open. THey've got some good sales vids on youtube to check out. It's a tight close but it won't take more than a couple uses to dial that in.
Thanks for the info! I’ll check it out.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #8

Garage
Another brand to consider is the Thule. I have the awning and like it a lot. Can’t speak for their tent/enclosure but here’s the info on it:

https://www.thule.com/en-us/search?search=Awning

Tags
awning fiamma