Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
tlg

Garage
Agile Off Road RIP Kit Review

Installed Agile Off Road's Ride Improvement Package (RIP) on our 2014 Quigley and have been absolutely thrilled with the results. Overall, the RIP kit dramatically improved handling and stability. Gone are the feelings of bottoming out and the rapid jerks we so often felt on curvy and poorly maintained country roads. The end result is a safer and more comfortable ride.

Customer service was also top notch with Jonh Brindell answering all questions and concerns pre-order. He was also more than willing to speak with our mechanic and walk him through the install process. Equally important, John overnighted parts when they were needed most. Folks who actually care about customer service and the product they deliver are all too rare these days. Enthusiastically recommend John and Agile for those looking to improve their rig's ride.

The kit included Fox 2.0 shocks, new coil springs, and additional leaf springs in the rear. Per John's recommendation, the Helwig rear sway bar was removed. The van also got a 1.5" lift so she stands a bit taller now.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #2

Excellent. Every Quigley owner should have the Agile RIP. It's so much better than stock.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #3

Tell me about the rear springs please. Did you consider Deavers? How much did the AO springs lift the saggy rear end?

Did you go with the high end Fox steering damper? Is it noticeable?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
tlg

Garage
-I didn't consider the Deavers but did explore some of the other companies out there offering suspension/ride improvements.
-The AO springs lifted the rear enough to where it sits near level with the front (this may be a bit hard to tell from the pictures).
-Went with the Fox 2.0 steering damper. Its definitely noticeable when driving on the roads in our area (hilly/curves). A big improvement over the previous set up. It does feel a bit tight when parking etc (at or near full lock) but I'm getting used to that now.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Tell me about the rear springs please. Did you consider Deavers? How much did the AO springs lift the saggy rear end?
In addition to the 'helper' springs, Agile can also provide custom made rear spring packs, designed for the height and weight of your van.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #6

Garage
What kind of money are we talking about?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2018, 06:21 PM   #7

I’m at Agile Offroad now. I met the guys at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff. To answer the previous question regarding price.....much less than I would have guessed. They are also installing an air compressor for me so we can air back up quickly after airing down. Agile offroad is basically across the street from Aluminess and they install the accessories that Aluminess sells. Great customer service.
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #8

I have seen them for about $169 each. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are amazing.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #9

I have a 2016 sprinter 4x4 - 144wb. Has a poptop. I had Agile install : RIP setup lifted the rig about 2”, the ride is a huge difference we’ll worth the cost. I have also had them install an onboard ARB compressor and Van compass skid pan setup.

Their pricing is fair and the quality ,service above all is the best. Totally satisfied. Amazing difference from stock. Just finished a 3500 mile trip most freeway-wind and lot of dirt roads. Totally stoked.

Agile offroad is top notch . I am not an employe , just satisfied client.
Vailcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #10
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Agile Off Road RIP Kit Review

Yup, top notch guys for sure, nothing but good things to say about the products and customer service.
Looks good but might be time for some bigger meats on that newly lifted van, now that you’ve got all that added space in the wheel well to fill up, might be able to fit 315’s without trimming or having to do front end mods like I did.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote