Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2024, 09:17 PM   #1

Aluminess box organization/pics?

Is there a thread out there for show and tell/organization of Aluminess type rear bumper boxes?

I have an Owl box, which IMO is a better design of the Aluminess large box, and I'm trying to get organized with it. I'm going to fab up some stuff this weekend to make it more user friendly.

If some of you would post some pics or share your great ideas I'd love to see them.

I think I have an idea for mounting a plywood piece inside the door to mount some tools on but not quite sure how it will work out. I do not want to put any more holes in the box and certainly not the door.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 10:26 PM   #2

You say you don't want to put any holes in the door, but this has been a great addition. The third picture shows it with my Partner stove in place, you can use your imagination for other uses.

Old 05-24-2024, 06:52 AM   #3

I love fold down tables but don't think I'll be doing one in my box. I'd rather have things I need to access mounted on the door. I'm hoping to mount a board inside the door today and experiment with some things.

My reasons are that I have 2 fold down tables on the side doors and use them both, one for my stove and one for prep, and we camp out of the side door mostly.

All that said, what model of fold down table is that?

Old 05-24-2024, 08:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

All that said, what model of fold down table is that?

I ordered the shelf from forum member 1der back when the van was new, 2016 or 2017. We will have to ask him if it is still available, or go to his website to see if it is listed.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:23 AM   #5

I just checked https://www.blingmyrig.com/ and didn’t find the fold-down shelf listed.
Old 05-24-2024, 09:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I just checked https://www.blingmyrig.com/ and didn’t find the fold-down shelf listed.
Yep Fitz, I think you got the first one! We did not make any after those first 10 or 12. It was too expensive for us to get them made. I see Aluminess now has a fold down shelf for the box. Hmmmmm, I might toss the Aluminess stuff back up on our website as a way of helping our group out. If anyone wants an Aluminess one (or anything Aluminess) , I can get it for you.

I love the shelves on the inside of our box door, super handy for the way we use the box.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:16 AM   #7

Garage
If you search Amazon for “tailgate fold down tables” you’ll come across a huge variety - I just purchased one that I’m going to hang off my ladder, and it will store behind my rear box (haven’t received it yet). There are a variety of sizes available and I know several will actually fit if mounted on the door of the rear box….just review the dimensions of each.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:18 PM   #8

Cool, still hoping to see some box organization pics
and ideas.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:16 PM   #9

Garage
If you write you name on a piece of masking tape and place on the bottom of the box (so down the road I remember where it came from), then ship to me I'll gladly have a go-of-it...I'm sure I'll need to mount it on my swing arm for proper perspective, but once i tweak, organize, & mount everything i have I'm confident you'll be impressed!
Old 05-24-2024, 08:54 PM   #10

Garage
While not either an Aluminess or Owl box, I built this look-a-like to ride in my Ruenel basket. Allows me to adapt my storage needs based on my trip. I can pull the whole box out and just use the basket for a cooler or water jugs. Here’s a couple pictures of it set up with a Honda Generator and gas can. I also built a tray that can replace the generator that fits my chainsaw’s power head (with bar removed) if my trip dictates tree removal. The shelf just hinges upwards and out of the way to allow access to large items in the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1737.jpg   IMG_0309.jpg   IMG_0310.jpg