Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 AM   #11

Re: Another Bunk? Sleeping for 3 in the Penthouse/5 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
Really clever but couldn't the kid sleep across the cab seats or are you reserving the lower area just for grownups?
Yes, for a lot of reasons. The kids usually go to sleep earlier so they are all up there sawing logs and I can still move around the van, put things away, move about, be out by the fire.... Or if nature calls in middle of the night I'm not stumbling over a kid here or there. But yes, short answer is the dinette/couch bed is just for parents.

A lot of people would probably say if you have 5 people get a bit bigger RV. The Sportsmobile is great because if fits in my garage and keeps me out of line of fire from an overzealous neighborhood HOA. Bigger RVs introduce storage fees and some other things. The times I can see it causing some issues are in rainy camping weather, but even this config gives each kid a place to read, maybe play some card games or just tinker around on an iPad or something.

SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage

So you plan to rig up some kind of folding crib rail?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #13

Looked a bit tonight. Guess there is no reason to reinvent the wheel when this is available at Wal-Mart for 25 bones. There's enough to work with from this crib rail to make a quick setup/quick release/compact foldable solution. I guess that and a little work to make the finish a bit nicer and it should fit the bill.

SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage

They even make crib rails that extend lengthwise. More pricey though. I was actually thinking of an Ambulance stretcher cot folding side rail assembly but I'm sure you'd have to fork out some bucks for something like that. Perhaps you could make something out of tubing that works similar and just pins in place if a crib rail won't work.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote