Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #1

Any Nissan NV owners here?

I've got a 2019 NV 3500 converted to 4x4. Looking for others who have modified these vans in the past.

I'd like to do a platform bed with drawes. Anyone here done this before on an NV?

For the outside I've got the 4x4. Next is a 3" lift and wheels/tires. Probably going with Avatar for the winch bumper and side steps. Has anyone here used these? How do you like them? Easy to instal? Says bolt on direct replacement.

MilesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesD View Post
I've got a 2019 NV 3500 converted to 4x4. Looking for others who have modified these vans in the past.

I'd like to do a platform bed with drawes. Anyone here done this before on an NV?

For the outside I've got the 4x4. Next is a 3" lift and wheels/tires. Probably going with Avatar for the winch bumper and side steps. Has anyone here used these? How do you like them? Easy to instal? Says bolt on direct replacement.
MilesD would love to see a couple of pictures of your van,as I drove by one today and haven't actually seen that many around so definitely caught my eye.It appeared that it said 4 wheel drive on the side but I could be wrong as it was a quick brief view.
Blowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:56 PM   #3

Mine is still stock although I did black out the badges and the lift kit is in the garage but I haven't got around to put it on yet.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #4

Hopefully it looks less domestic and more like one of these overlander NV's from Avatar soon.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #5

With the 3" lift that will definitely give it a whole new look!
Blowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:30 PM   #6

I’ve got a NV3500 Cargo that I converted to a camper van. Put a Colorado Camper Van top on it, and a convertible sofa bed in back ... so not exactly what you are aiming at ... but here are some (older) pics that may give you some ideas: https://imgur.com/gallery/7J5fLjg
bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I’ve got a NV3500 Cargo that I converted to a camper van. Put a Colorado Camper Van top on it, and a convertible sofa bed in back ... so not exactly what you are aiming at ... but here are some (older) pics that may give you some ideas: https://imgur.com/gallery/7J5fLjg
WHen we were first looking at the NV I was thinking we'd be closer to what you've done there. But we ended up with a trailer so plans have changed.

How easy was it to put the ARB 50 L fridge in? Looks like it fits perfect. Did you need the inverter for that or does it run off the outlet that was in the center console?
Old 06-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #8

ARB Fridge

Miles

Looks like the Interwebs ate my reply, so here it goes again.

The ARB 50 fits perfectly where the stock console used to be. I chose to wire it in directly to a 12v panel, so that it would stay on constantly. My house batteries are fed by two 100w solar panels up top, and I’ve never had any issues at all with keeping things cold, frozen, in the fridge. I fabricated an insulated cover that matches my gray interior, and installed the fridge on top of a slider from DPG Off-road. Reason: seat swivel in Passenger seat. So, the battle drill when I park is slide the fridge back into cargo compartment, swivel seat, slide the fridge forward between the seats. Works perfectly, and our 30 lb mutt loves that perch driving or parked.

I’d highly recommend a full extension cargo tray that slides out the back doors; the one I installed is about 36” x 60”. It is really hard to reach something that is towards the front when you are standing by the back door.

I’m currently working on an awning solution, but need to figure out how to mount it, first. Ideally want to use the Nissan factory rack attachment points .... but they are hidden under my Colorado Camper Van top when it is down. CCV has installed awnings on NVs ... but they seemed pretty unmotivated to sell me their mounts for me to install at home here in SATX.

Hope this helps, Dave
bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #9

In 2016, I bought a basic Nissan NV 1500 (plus cruise control), for it has good 8.1” ground clearance with a relatively low price - I could easily afford to buy a brand new one. I do not think I need 4x4 conversion. The van has now a bed and a kitchen cabinet on the back. The bed is high enough to store lots of stuff, bul low enough for people to sit on it when dressing. A tarp can be attached to the back doors with bungee cords. The hardest part of the work was insulation. Well insulated, the van has a very pleasant quiet ride. I drive it on dirt roads and rocky backroads, and even sometimes on sand. We have had many a fabulous camping trips with it. It is a minimalist reliable steat camper. Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01400.jpg   DSC01463.jpg   DSC01465.jpg   DSC01466.jpg   DSC01476.jpg  

alexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:42 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonymull View Post
It's great that you're looking to modify your NV3500 and make it your own. As for your question about a platform bed with drawers, there are many resources available online for DIY van conversions, including platform beds with drawers. You can check out websites like Pinterest or YouTube for step-by-step guides and inspiration. I like to modify cars with my own hands. I recently bought a new car on jdmbuysell.com And now I'm thinking of something to add. I have several options and they are all interesting.
Reported as spam.

Tags
4x4, 4x4 van, bed, bumper, nissan nv