Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #11

I would put the run cool hood louvers on there for sure to help get as much flow through the engine compartment as possible. A shop here in So Cal. did a 550hp SMB build and I thought that was wild. Please post videos once complete.

TheCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarpenter View Post
A shop here in So Cal. did a 550hp SMB build and I thought that was wild.
Do you know what shop? Was it Ultimate Truck Performance?
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:54 PM   #13

It was, I was going to have them bullet proof mine right around the time they finished it up.
TheCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:59 AM   #14

Those guys are good.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #15

Quote:
I would put the run cool hood louvers on there for sure to help get as much flow through the engine compartment as possible. A shop here in So Cal. did a 550hp SMB build and I thought that was wild. Please post videos once complete.
No problem. Waiting on the fly cut coated pistons to come, balance it all and build!
BullGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #16

Quote:
I would put the run cool hood louvers on there for sure to help get as much flow through the engine compartment as possible.
FYI - Hood louvers on E-Series van only allow heat to evacuate at rest. They do nothing while moving since air pressures above and below the hood, as tested, are very nearly equal. A hood scoop might be different.

Still, allowing more heat to escape at rest is probably a good thing if the engine is not running. If the engine is idling, then, my guess, with louvers there will be somewhat less air flow across and down the engine compartment since part of that airflow, will exit through the louvers.

Ymmv
Old 06-02-2017, 04:46 PM   #17

I've been thinking more and more about heat. I am for sure going to get a heat jacket for the turbo, wrap the down pipes.... Sinister diesel makes headers for the 6.0 and you can have them wrapped... if fitment works I think I will go with those...

The idea that is rumbling around in my head is a functional hood scoop... it would have to be some universal scoop that I fab up to my hood. The van is going to get wrapped so I really don't care about the color match.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGator View Post
I've been thinking more and more about heat. I am for sure going to get a heat jacket for the turbo, wrap the down pipes.... Sinister diesel makes headers for the 6.0 and you can have them wrapped... if fitment works I think I will go with those...

The idea that is rumbling around in my head is a functional hood scoop... it would have to be some universal scoop that I fab up to my hood. The van is going to get wrapped so I really don't care about the color match.
Lots of reports on the diesel forums regarding Sinister's lack of customer support and poor fitting up pipes. I did the Y-pipe with upgraded bellows from MBRP. https://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php...s&part=FAL2313

Then, ceramic coated and wrapped similar to what pjpvi did: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-ii-14819.html

If your doing a delete then this is a good option. Ford 6.0L HD Up-Pipes With Built-in EGR Pipe - Upgraded Up-Pipes - Engine Parts

Wrapping the downpipe is also a good idea. Send the heat out the pipe instead of letting it radiate into the engine bay.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #19

If anyone has any problems with SD I am a "elite" Distributor for them. I can always help with any customer service issues , or atleast try.

I ordered 15k of SD parts that I will recieve this upcoming week. I'll report on quality.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #20

Bump. Any updates Bull?