Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2021, 05:00 AM   #1

Cab Seat Upgrades - Minnie Winnie 22R

We have a 2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R on a 2016 Ford E350 chassis, We would like to upgrade the Cab Seats from the stock Ford E350 seats, any recommendations on what else will fit???
I had done some research on this site, saying to use Toyota Siena seats from the 2nd row but no one makes the adapter bracket anymore?
I originally posted this on teh Winnieowner's group but they were not a lot of help.

Sharpe Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
Site Team

You already started a thread on this subject on this forum, why start another?
Old 09-27-2021, 10:10 AM   #3

It was suggested in the other post to rename it and place it in the Project - Modifications page
Sharpe Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:07 PM   #4

Flexsteel RV seats will work. I installed the toyota sienna seats in mine with 6 way electric bases. Not something i would recommend for someone that doesnt have some tools and fab skills.
Attached Thumbnails
f106479336.jpg  
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:39 PM   #5

@Sharp Tunes, I would also post your question in the vans section on the Expedition Portal. There are just as many, actually probably more, home build/van modding guys there than here and the vast majority of them are in later model Fords (E-series/Econoline).

The answer to your question, though, is that you can modify about any seat to a van but minivan seats are, or were, the most common donor. It's possible you'll need to do some minor fabbing/welding but you can make about anything work in a van easier than most other vehicles due to the flat floor and simple steel boxes that they sit on. Often it's as simple as redrilling holes.

Keep in mind that width is a big consideration. In other words, make sure your doors will shut and the armrests (if applicable) of the donor seats don't interfere with the armrests on the door panels.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #6

If you can stomach the cost, pick up a pair of Scheel-Mann Varios. They’re the the ultimate upgrade.

I replaced mine this summer, then drove across the country. 10-12 hour days on the road with only a ten minute bathroom and fuel break halfway through. With the stock seats my back and legs start bugging me around an hour in. I could (and did) literally drive all day long in the Scheel-Mann seats with no issues.

Tons of other glowing recommendations here:

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...nts-28355.html
bobthecow is offline   Reply With Quote