Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #11

Garage
Pretty sure quigley uses the same method. When I converted to the 8x170 hubs the quigley rotors slid right onto the new hubs. I wondered about the slop too, but when I last took it apart there was no evidence of any moving around. I figured I’d see some lug stud threads a little bungled up but the center bore was so rusted it was obvious it wasn’t moving around at all. I think maybe that 165 ft lbs x8 holds stuff in place just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatvan View Post
....but I have a semi-float rear end and don't want rear adapter/spacers.
Sounds like a good excuse to go full float (if you need it). Main drawback was having to buy new wheels. I just spend a lot of time on narrow roads with cliffs on one side or the other and my van is over 10k. The thought of a wheel falling off scared me enough that I committed to all of it at all once. It was a financial burden at a crappy time in my life, but very happy with the setup now.

We crunched numbers on quigley replacements vs swapping over the course of time and it washed quicker than I had thought it would so I dove in even tough the timing was terrible. That number crunching didn’t involve lodging in a remote town waiting for quigley replacements to show up or custom machining what was available locally either...

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:35 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Why not. I think you will be able to do that. But you have to keep in mind that you will need an impact driver for this. Otherwise, it would be harder to drill the studs. I recently bought an impact driver and truth be told, from my experience of using it, I can tell you that it's a handy tool. But anyway, I am not excluding the option that you can manage to drill the studs with a classic drill. I just gave you my advice, so in the end, you decide.
EvaMKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatvan View Post
The drawing also shows a 45 degree chamfer on the back (included below). That might be harder to accomplish with DIY tools. Anybody know the purpose of that, or is it necessary?
Late reply but others might want to know. I'm fairly certain that's for clearance for the ABS unit. This is why stock rotors can't be used and why Quigley sells the rotors.

Here's a post where describe how I purchased stock rotors and machined off that area. A bit overkill using the CNC mill but I used what I had.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ion-22990.html