Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2020, 09:35 PM   #1

Chevy lift spindles

Has it been confirmed for the early express 3500 vans, if c3500 lift spindles fit and work? For stock spindles I keep coming up with the same parts but much reading I've read contradicting statements. One thing I read was that the truck and van spindles have the tie rod tapers on opposite sides. I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet, so thought this would be a good place to ask. I wouldn't need massive travel, the stock van will go anywhere I need it to go but would still like the look of sitting higher on bigger tires. If anything I would add a locker and winch. My grandfather used to take his extended beauville to places it never should have been to hunt and cut fire wood just being sensible and picking his lines carefully. Thank you for any insight.

Dw89xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:47 AM   #2

Garage
Don't know what year van you have, but have to tried Weldtec Designs? They make lift spindles for GM vans. I assume you have a 2wd. If nothing else, they may be able to help you find what you need.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product-c...ension/page/2/
Old 02-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Don't know what year van you have, but have to tried Weldtec Designs? They make lift spindles for GM vans. I assume you have a 2wd. If nothing else, they may be able to help you find what you need.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product-c...ension/page/2/
It would be a 98 3500 extended 2wd.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #4

Garage
Weldtec Designs shows a lift kit for that generation van but it also shows out of stock. It used a coil spacer instead of a spindle lift. I suggest you call Jeremy, owner of Weldtec and talk to him.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/c...ress-van-lift/
Old 02-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #5

I'm sure it's a nice kit but 1350 for a coil spacer and add a leaf seems a bit overpriced. I'm not Baja racing so Monroe or Bilstein shocks would suit me fine.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #6
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
I'm sure it's a nice kit but 1350 for a coil spacer and add a leaf seems a bit overpriced. I'm not Baja racing so Monroe or Bilstein shocks would suit me fine.
That might be so however what you're seeking isn't built as an off-the-shelf item, not to the quality level and durability I'm sure you'd like to have. We can't expect low-demand purpose-built stuff to arrive at bargain rates.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #7

Boulder Offroad has lift kits for the GM vans, too.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Boulder Offroad has lift kits for the GM vans, too.
I will have to check them out, I was considering them for a solution on my older style g van, I don't think they were messing with the express vans at that time.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
That might be so however what you're seeking isn't built as an off-the-shelf item, not to the quality level and durability I'm sure you'd like to have. We can't expect low-demand purpose-built stuff to arrive at bargain rates.
But there are off the shelf 2" lifts available that are an aluminum coil spacer and an add a leaf, or you could go with a block for an even more affordable option. I would spend the extra on the Add a leaf personally. I just can't justify spending 900-1000 dollars on shocks that are not going to see any high speed off road use.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
I will have to check them out, I was considering them for a solution on my older style g van, I don't think they were messing with the express vans at that time.

Yes they do Express. I’ve read several accounts of Roadtrek owners lifting their campervans using Boulder.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote