The starcool system was a bit of a mystery to me, but after significant digging around on the forum here, what I now understand is that has two different systems running separate compressors. 110VAC from either shorepower or generator and off of 12V while driving.
I’m rebuilding my van and on a quest to simplify its systems as much as possible. I’m dropping the generator and don’t typically have access to shore power, especially anything over a 15amp house 110VAC receptacle. So - I'm planning to delete the 110VAC side of the Starcool system. This means the only time I’ll be using the rear air is while running the vehicle, which fits our needs just fine. If we stop for some sleep at a rest stop or similar and we need A/C, I’ll just high idle vehicle and let it run to keep the A/C on.
What to Modify / Remove:
1. Remove auxiliary 110V compressor
2. Remove auxiliary condenser
3. Remove solenoid valve after factory condenser on way to factory evaporator (or leave this in place, will it cause any problems or will it just remain open and be fine in the system)
4. New OEM (without T) line from factory compressor to factory condenser with no fitting for line from aux condenser
5. New line from Starcool evaporator directly back to factory compressor (where can I get this?)
6. Delete rear thermostat
7. Move blower switch to in-dash as per this thread: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...cool-2932.html
Any input on this would be appreciated. Does this look technically sound?