Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #11

U joint makes one. But Chris is proud of them.

4x4 van conversion parts

Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:03 AM   #12

Aero Tanks makes a 40 gallon for both front and rear for the Ford Econoline vans. They are marketed as diesel only, but I've heard mention on this forum of members purchasing for gas vans. Agile OffRoad also carries the Aero Tanks.

Aero Tanks:
Ford Fuel Tanks - AeroTanks

Agile:
https://agileoffroad.com/products-fo...ro-fuel-tanks/
neatvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:02 AM   #13

$600 for a 3 gallon gain ain't gonna happen!
thefletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatvan View Post
Aero Tanks makes a 40 gallon for both front and rear for the Ford Econoline vans. They are marketed as diesel only, but I've heard mention on this forum of members purchasing for gas vans. Agile OffRoad also carries the Aero Tanks.
The rear tank looks interesting... presuming it will fit a RB E-series and not only an EB/Cutaway.

Still a little spendy (~$32/gal per extra capacity), but it's a much better deal than the forward replacement tank where you get 13 extra gallons for what amounts to be nearly $75/gal for the extra capacity...

My bet is Aero tanks would probably fab up a 'gas' 40 gallon tank if I called and asked... I bet there are also some rules and regs about adding extra fuel tanks to vehicles with regards to safety concerns, which is why they are marketed 'diesel only'.

Guess really then it comes down to two thoughts...

-Can I find a 'junkyard' 55 gal cutaway tank that can get shoehorned into an RB chassis for (likely) significantly less? (My intuition says not, otherwise it would kill the market for these 40 gal tanks).

-Exactly how safe do I feel driving around the madhouse known as CA with an extra 40+ gallons of gas in an area that if I'm going to get hit, the car is most likely to impact? (And I suppose the obvious answer to that is simply not to fuel the rear tank outside of road trips...).