Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 03:49 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Aww man---I wish I knew that's the direction you were heading---I have one that's nearly new and going to waste in an Auto Meter box. For nothing more than shipping it could be yours!
Dang! That would have been nice for both of us. Thanks anyway.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #22

Why do you think your cruise control light works again after installing the HydraChip? My cruise control works but I have no light. I'm looking for input on how to get it working.
1pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pharmer View Post
Why do you think your cruise control light works again after installing the HydraChip? My cruise control works but I have no light. I'm looking for input on how to get it working.
What year van? Are you running a chip?
Old 04-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #24

My van is a 2000 E350 Quigley 4x4 7.3 diesel. It is totally stock with no chip. The Ford dealership just got the cruise control working by installing a new module and new speed sensors. So now the cruise control works but there is new dash light showing it is working. Perhaps, I just need to replace the dash light. Your comment about your dash light starting to work after installing a chip caught my attention.
1pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
That would work only if your gauge's internal lighting is NOT LED/backlit as my Auto Meter GS series have--those definitely require a proprietary electronic module. I've never used an Auto Meter gauge with the traditional incandescent bulb lighting.

Off the shelf Z series Autometer gauges come with compatible bulbs, that keep you from having to source and mount some separate LED dimming module.

Funny you mention the above. When I first added to the is thread, I included that caveat, but deleted it since I occasionally (read: almost always) get pretty far down in the weeds with detail. It's my nature, and can be annoying to read in this 'sound bite' society we've become.

You are correct, match incandescent with incandescent if you want to dim off the factory dimmer.

Or dispense with all the nonsense and get a scan gauge II and monitor up to 16 parameters, 4 at a time, if you have an OBDII port
Old 04-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #26
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
E-Series gauge pods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pharmer View Post

1der was referencing the fact that his cruise control indicator light had stopped functioning after he installed a DP (no)Tuner, now that the DP is removed and replaced with a Hydra, the light is functioning once again.
It’s possible that your bulb is burnt out?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
1der was referencing the fact that his cruise control indicator light had stopped functioning after he installed a DP (no)Tuner, now that the DP is removed and replaced with a Hydra, the light is functioning once again.
It’s possible that your bulb is burnt out?
Same here on the cruise control light! I just got my Tach back from Auto meter. I sent it in because the face and needle were peeling finally after 18 years. They gave me a new one and a new sensor for $50.00 shipped! Kuddos to Auto Meter!
Attached Thumbnails
Van Guage3 Console.jpeg   Van Guage1 Tach.jpeg   Van Guage2 Boost.jpeg   Van Piller Pods .jpg  
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #28
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
Off the shelf Z series Autometer gauges come with compatible bulbs, that keep you from having to source and mount some separate LED dimming module.
I'm so far only familiar with the GS Series---I just can NOT do anything simple or inexpensive. I did agonize for a short time over the separate dimming module and am kinda sorta I have one now.

I did add a GlowShift analog-looking clock in my overhead gauge pod as it somewhat matches my existing Auto Meter Gauges appearance-wise when illuminated. (Mine are wired so the gauges and lamps come on with the ignition.) The clock does have the red dimming wire but after running the cluster I no longer dim the clock when park lights are activated--the visual balance at night is good so I'm happy so far.

FWIW the Auto Meter 3 gauge pod has been spoken for---its gone to a new home.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #29

Mine is wired to courtesy lights on headlight switch. I put a dimmer turn knob just left of the overhead console gauges when I put them in 16 years ago. I got the dimmer from Kenworth. At the time I had a Kenworth dump truck. I liked the dimmer switch on my truck so I bought a new one from KW and installed it to avoid any glare.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #30

Garage
I got my gauges installed today. I color matched the pod as well, however black would also look good. With the visor down, I can still see 1000 and up on my Pyrometer. So far I am pretty happy with them. Hopefully I will have the van put together next week sometime. Still waiting for some turbo repair and upgrade parts.
Attached Thumbnails
AE4196B8-72BB-41F7-82E4-083AF1377CE5.jpg   C83BC814-0DF8-43ED-B1CA-031A01B66EB7.jpg  

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote