Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #1

E250 Power windows and Locks

Has anyone installed the aftermarket ebay kits for power windows and locks? OR does anyone have a suggestion on a kit to do so. I see that the kits do windows up to 6.5 Lbs, does anyone know the weight of an E250 front driver or passenger windows? Looking for any tips on doing this

Thank you friends!

Send It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I've done this on a 2000 E250 although the chassis doesn't matter pre se--body parts such as glass are all the same for any one year, back to 1992 for the most part.

I used factory parts which were simply transferred from on E250 to the existing E250. The power regulators, power door lock solenoids, the complete door wiring harness and the actual door panels too.

Along with the door wiring harness I clipped the mating halves inside the cabin to make adding this feature to a chassis not originally factory equipped van. It was a bit of a challenge so depending on the year you're working on, the level of your vehicular wiring experience and tool selection it will be "easy" or "difficult" based on those elements.

If you choose the eBay stuff I have no experience with such parts. FWIW I'm in the auto/truck glass biz and tend to never use anything aftermarket if possible. I'll pay extra for long-life parts.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

I haven't done it yet, but I have a set of "Instal Gear) locks for my E350. I'll try to get pictures and post it when I do them.
loper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loper View Post
I haven't done it yet, but I have a set of "Instal Gear) locks for my E350. I'll try to get pictures and post it when I do them.
Look forward to it!
Send It is offline   Reply With Quote