Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2024, 07:42 PM   #1

Eberspacher/Espar Hydronic D5 fault

I have an Eberspacher/Espar Hydronic D5 installed in my van and itís giving me a fault code 64. Has anyone else had any experience with this code? Iíve looked it up on the Espar site and it has to do with the flame sensor reading temps outside of the parameters.

I reached out to Field Vans and they said it might be because the diesel was too low. I filled the tank up and tried it again, it fired up for a couple of minutes but then spit out the same code.

Thanks.

micahjbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:36 AM   #2

Garage
If air bubbles form in the line from low fuel in the tank or just sitting idle for an extended period you may have to start it up 4 or 5 times to get them out (assuming that’s your issue).
Old 05-26-2024, 06:59 AM   #3

Micah, Felix is correct. Give it 4 or 5 start attempts and see if the code goes away and the heater runs properly.

Also, see if you can observe the fuel line going to the heater. The line is translucent and you can see if the metering bubbles are small and evenly spaced. If they are evenly spaced all the way to the heater, then it is a different issue. You may have to clear the code which can be done via the control unit or pulling the fuse.

Do you have the TransferFlow or cut down stock tank?

Do you also have a D2 or D4 AirTronic for heating the air?

re: fuel levels in the tank - SMB was known for cutting the Espar fuel pick up pipe pretty high , as in you need more than a quarter of a tank (more than ten gallons ) for the end of the pipe to be submerged

I always install the fuel pick go so it is about a quarter to half an inch above the bottom of the tank.

If you ever have to drop the fuel tank (or want this corrected) I would have a new pickup pipe handy to change the original (likely short) one out. Pretty easy to change once the tank is dropped.