Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #11

Garage
^^^ it didn’t come with an actual light, but that weird little indent where you installed your light is where the oem light mounts. I wanted a nice smooth surface across that panel to mount something more effective like you did.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:06 PM   #12

We had Fiberine install a 20" aero top on our 2000 RB E350. About 5800.00 all in.
No windows, install max-air fan, wood on the top and sides.
They put the third brake light back into a pre-formed spot on the back.
The top is screwed down about every 8", plus a strip of 3/8" OSB down both side rails with another set of screws (into the metal) every 8", plus 3/8 nuts and bolts where all the roof beams were.
They also use a sealer/glue and caulk it inside and out.
Took about 7 hours to do the work.
I am 100% pleased with the quality and the workmanship.
loper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Fiberine sold my top to Timberline and Timberline installed it so maybe that was the difference. Mine came with no 3rd brake light because I didn't think to address it. Anyway, I got around to it and here's some pics, I'm happy with the way it came out. You can see mine came with the spot for a 3rd brake light. Someone said (I think) that the spot molded in on the Fiberine is designed to accept relocation of the OEM 3rd brake light but i think that would look really lame. I replaced the taillights with LED so the 3rd brake light needed to have a more modern look too.
How'd you like the install from Timberline? I'm working with them to get a quote right now.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. rock View Post
How'd you like the install from Timberline? I'm working with them to get a quote right now.
So far so good. Looks like its up there correctly, no squeaks or any indication its not. Just for peace of mind it would have been nice to witness the critical steps of the install but it was not possible living on the East coast. I think handling was a slight challenge for them but they got it done. I ended up having them leave the rear most OEM roof rib to create a shelf/storage like the one over the driver/passenger seats. I needed a place for the rear AC and liked the idea of leaving that rear most rib in the Extended body van from a structural stand-point.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:00 AM   #15
Wbp

I am thinking of installing a high roof but trying to keep the overall exterior height to a minimum because I would like be able to still get the van into my Garage (9’ opening) if possible.
My question for you guys that have a fiberine 16” and 20” AT tops what is the interior height?
Any info is appreciated.
Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:18 AM   #16

Wasatch overlanding top

Im having a 24" installed on my 09 extended in a couple weeks. They are in salt lake city. Im in $6k with two windows and wood installed sides and top. They are installing my maxx air for me.

Really cool dude that does beautiful work.... 6' 4" in back and 6'2" in the front.

Checkem out... THEY ARE MADE IN CANADA, TUFFPORT IS THE BRAND

Mike
happycampingcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #17

Wbp,

I have a 20" aero top. I have the extra wood reinforcement in mine, plus 1.5" of ceiling insulation/wood. The floor is 1" thick with the insulation/wood. Inside height 6'.
My overall height is 10', with 35" tires, 5" lift (4x4) and a roof rack.
loper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #18
Wbp

Loper, Thanks for the information that helps a lot.
Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #19

My 16” Fiberine gives me 67” near the front and 64.5” rearward in the clear. Guessing at least 1” total was lost to floor and ceiling trim.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
So far so good. Looks like its up there correctly, no squeaks or any indication its not. Just for peace of mind it would have been nice to witness the critical steps of the install but it was not possible living on the East coast. I think handling was a slight challenge for them but they got it done. I ended up having them leave the rear most OEM roof rib to create a shelf/storage like the one over the driver/passenger seats. I needed a place for the rear AC and liked the idea of leaving that rear most rib in the Extended body van from a structural stand-point.
Hey Steve, do you have a picture of what the interior rear space looks like with leaving the extra rib in the back? I am considering doing the same thing for extra storage.

Thanks,

Mike
Obes is offline   Reply With Quote