Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2021, 10:42 PM   #1

Fiberine top prices.

hello all.
I don't want to bother fiberine as I am not ready to purchase yet, but I want to get a grasp on what the pricing would be. I was looking at the 20" aerodynamic bubble top for an extend Econoline. also wanted to get the wooden reinforced ceiling. anyone purchased a top similar to this that knows a price range?
thank you.
Thomas

twachter242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:44 AM   #2

I just got a quote from them for a 24" bubble top. I think the prices are close. Depending on what options you choose and they install it.....you are looking at anywhere from $5500 - $6500. A 24" bubble with (2) windows, reinforced ceiling, wood slats on sides and installation was quoted to me at $6800. Of that $6800, about $5300 of it is taxed at Kalifornia 10% tax so add in another $530 for that.
clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #3

Garage
This was my return email asking for information about their transit top. For some reason where ever someone uses an apostrophe and Im not sure what other stuff triggers it, but netzero email adds a bunch of weird font, so sorry in advance for the crap that doesnt make any sense.

Quote:
Pricing on our 24" Transit style top for your 2003 Ford Extended length van, and all other van top information is as follows.

1). 24" Transit style top w/reverse flange:..........$3850.00 each

1). Basic Van top installation (no inside upholstery finish)..…..$1450.00

Our basic van top installation is completed in one day. Our shop is located in Wilmington, CA (Southern California). We are not a van conversion company, so we dont do any interior upholstery or electrical finish. The labor will consist of us removing your current top, sealing, and fastening your new fiberglass high top to your van.

For the basic installation, your van needs to be empty and in "cargo state" prior to coming in by removing everything behind the driver and passenger seats, including the rear ceiling headliner. Anything on the roof of the van such as roof racks, solar, vents, etc.. should also be removed prior. Installations are by appointment only Monday-Friday (once we receive your deposit).

Van top Options:
1). Set of 8” x 32” half sliding windows w/bug screen:………..$725.00
2). Set of 10"x 32" half sliding windows w/bug screen:..............$750.00
3). Set of 12”x 43” half sliding windows w/bug screen:………..$825.00
4). Set of 12"x 58" half sliding windows w/bug screen:………..$865.00
5). 1/2" OSB plywood ceiling reinforcement:.............................$425.00
(for mounting racks, solar panels, AC, etc.)
6). 2 strips of 1x4 wood on each side of the van top:..............$265.00
(for mounting cabinets, shelves, awning)
7). Installation fan (you must bring your fan)………………..…$325.00 per fan

The ceiling reinforcement (option #5), will allow you to mount up to 350 lbs of weight on the roof.

For the fan installation (option #7), you would need to provide us with the vent the day of the van top installation. We do not do any of the wiring connections or electrical. We do the fan cut out on the van top, install and seal the vent down.

All of our van tops come in a standard exterior white gel coat. We do not keep any of our products in stock, we manufacture tops as they are ordered. Due to COVID-19, manufacturing time right now is 6-7 weeks. Prices quoted are valid for 90 days and are subject to 9.5% California Tax (basic installation not taxable).
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #4

I ordered a 24" bubble, two 12" x 43" sliding windows, 1/2" OSB ceiling and 2 2x6 down the sides. Installed with tax out the door was $6,000.
hyperdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #5

Not sure if Fiberine even offers a 3rd brake light option but if you care, you might want to ask. I took delivery of my van 4-5 months ago w/ 16" Fiberine and kinda forgot about the 3rd brake light when ordering....after i got it I didn't like the idea of not having it. Finally got to it this week and installed a LED unit up there. Timberline had preserved the stock wiring for me so wiring was easy enough but drilling a 1/2" hole in my top was nerve racking. It came out great and I think it looks much better and safer with it.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #6

Garage
The tops I’ve seen from fiberine have the little spot for a oem 3rd light. I asked if they could leave that out on the top I was interested in but they said no. I’d rather do something that fits better and sits flush. Even just a nice flat area for one of those tailgate light.

Ccv did a mediocre job of putting a light in mine. No leaks, but it sits a little crooked and it isn’t flush (current top is a fiberine 16” tv top). Annoys the crap outta me and I’m not sure what they used to install it but it seems like a rather stout kind of glue.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #7

I also got the 24" top with 1/2 plywood and 2 2x4's running down the sides I did have them cut the hole for the maxx fan but left off the 3rd brake light. I later put a aftermarket light/camera combo.
Cost about 6K
John S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Annoys the crap outta me and I’m not sure what they used to install it but it seems like a rather stout kind of glue.
There are some insanely strong adhesives out there these days. I used to be in a equipment industry where the product went outside in a custom sheet metal skinned enclosure. Product in Florida had to meet hurricane wind loads of 200mph in some cases. The skin was held on with 2 sided tape. I have not first hand removed the 200mph stuff myself but I have used 3M Adhesive remover on some serious 2 sided tape and it is an amazing product. A quart will basically last you forever and cost $20. I'd get some and try it if you really want it off. Patience is important and let the chemical work, at some point it just lets go. Won't do any damage to your paint finish at all.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #9

Garage
^^^ thanks for the heads up. sounds like something that would be good to have around whether it works on this stuff or not.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
The tops Ive seen from fiberine have the little spot for a oem 3rd light. I asked if they could leave that out on the top I was interested in but they said no. Id rather do something that fits better and sits flush. Even just a nice flat area for one of those tailgate light.

Ccv did a mediocre job of putting a light in mine. No leaks, but it sits a little crooked and it isnt flush (current top is a fiberine 16 tv top). Annoys the crap outta me and Im not sure what they used to install it but it seems like a rather stout kind of glue.
Fiberine sold my top to Timberline and Timberline installed it so maybe that was the difference. Mine came with no 3rd brake light because I didn't think to address it. Anyway, I got around to it and here's some pics, I'm happy with the way it came out. You can see mine came with the spot for a 3rd brake light. Someone said (I think) that the spot molded in on the Fiberine is designed to accept relocation of the OEM 3rd brake light but i think that would look really lame. I replaced the taillights with LED so the 3rd brake light needed to have a more modern look too.
Attached Thumbnails
20200119_110038.jpg   3rd Brake light 2.jpg   3rd Brake light 3.jpg   3rd Brake light.jpg   back.jpg  

3rd Brake light 4.jpg