Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #1

Fiberine Top roof rack install

My son bought a 2001 E350 UJoint conversion van. Has a Van Specialties interior. It has a Fiberine 16" aerodynamic top. The front curvature of the top makes it difficult for a full roof rack. Aluminess says they do not make one as well that fits. Any of you out there have the same top and put a roof rack on?

Old 08-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

A number of years ago I think Derek at CCV had a similar top and had made his own simple rack out of I think galvanized tubing. You can probably do a Google search and find a photo. I am not sure the material he used was ideal but it was light and it seemed to fit his needs then.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the lead Eric!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #4

Garage
i remember quickly eyeballing that rack setup when i visited his shop in 2012, but was so intrigued with the poptop park of his van, i really didn't see anything else...

hadn't been to ccv's site in quite some time and decided to poke around a bit. couldn't find any photos of that rack he made, but you can see numerous different angles of the setup in this video:

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote