Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #1

Hard Mounted Eccotemp Hot Shower

Love my Eccotemp instand on hot water shower. Loved it for years. I attached it to a 12v water pump and kept it in a crate in the back.. Open crate, stick hose in water jerry can, attach propane, plug in to 12v, and you've got a great shower. Problem being all of that procedure.

So now, with my new aluminum rear window replacement, I've got a place to mount the shower:

Now to plumb it in.. Tapped into the water line under the sink, ran under side cabinets back to rear door. Tapped into propane at tank with splitter, then through regulator and to the rear door. I won't bore your with details, but it involved many trips to the hardware store for different brass fittings..

But now I have a new 'manifold' in the back, with water drain, water shutoff to shower, and propane quick connect with built in valve:

I also added a heat shield out of an original piece of SMB heatshield I removed from over the stove when I added the CCV top and redid the shelf there (barely visible at top).

Now all I have to do to have a shower is turn on propane and turn on stock water pump, open the rear doors, and presto.. hot shower!

And when I'm done, the hoses fold into the space between door and cabinets by themselves, without binding. Just like I planned (which sometimes happens).

I might at some point rig up some curtain or something, but I'm not really that bashful, so I may never get around to that. Avert your eyes!

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #2

Very nice!
Mine is similarly mounted, but on the 40 door.
Ill try to get a pic shortly.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Very nice. You sold me on the Ecotemp the first time I tried it. It was pretty easy to set up before, but now it's truly instant, but buy a damn curtain, there are some things you can't un-see.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #4

Mine is inside somewhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienckb View Post

Mine is inside somewhere lol
Hey Tienckb, slick setup.
I got a quick look at it on your van last year at the Agile meetup on Fiesta Island, but can't remember now --- is yours somehow exhaust-vented out the side of the van?

Want to install one of these soon too (in a similar fixed interior position) and was curious what that takes (desire to operate one of these inside the van **without doors / windows open for ventilation**).

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 PM   #6

Yes, the exhaust is vented outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote