Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #1

Help, fuel pump pic- Webasto/Espar

At one point I saw a picture someone has posted of a fuel line extension on a 3 port fuel pump to lower the fuel intake to allow a heater (Weabso/Espar) to take up fuel until the tank was within an inch or 2 of empty.

Anyone know where that pic is?

MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:11 AM   #2

I've seen several but I can't remember where. Espar/Webasto/Planar website? I heard the guy in one of the diesel heater videos say that lots of European RV's are plumbed from the factory/converter for these so someone makes a ready to drop in flange I'm sure.

Good luck! Please post if you find it. I do know MGMetalworks did this on his gasoline Transit. You could try that thread.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #3

Greetings MorieSugg -- certainly not an expert by any means -- but I've always "heard" that sucking fuel to the "true empty" or near bottom go a fuel tank invites sucking up any trash/sludge, etc., from bottom of tank and inviting a clogged fuel pump - fuel line - or the like. Certainly something one wouldn't want to do far, far away from civilization or home --

I have always refueled with a minimum of 10-12 gallons in the tank on any vehicle - especially when far from civilization or home.
Russ Gutshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Good point. I don't want to go all the way to the bottom. But as configured, the 3rd port only reaches 2/3 or so of the way into the tank. I'd like to be able to continue to use the heater when I have 10 gallons of fuel on board.
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #5

Greetings MorieSugg -- maybe add another inline - "reachable" filter between fuel tank and heater ? Just a thought -- would/should prevent clogged line to heater in that cold mountain night air !
Russ Gutshall is offline   Reply With Quote