Old 09-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justgosurfin View Post
Throwing this out there again to the hive mind.

Does anyone know if the firewall bolt pattern is the same for my older 95 as the newer units you guys have used?
I don't think the bolt-pattern is different. What is different is you have drum brakes. You would need a master cylinder assembly from a '97 or '98 "E-SuperDuty" which may be hard to find at this point. Unless you've already done a rear axle swap to something newer?

Old 09-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #42

Thanks for the quick response.

Yea, I have discs on the 05 Sterling now...

Justgosurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
I don't think the bolt-pattern is different. What is different is you have drum brakes. You would need a master cylinder assembly from a '97 or '98 "E-SuperDuty" which may be hard to find at this point. Unless you've already done a rear axle swap to something newer?

Any clue if the flare fittings at the MC are the same size? I know I could always change them, but just curious before I dive in.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justgosurfin View Post
Any clue if the flare fittings at the MC are the same size? I know I could always change them, but just curious before I dive in.
I know the drum brake M/C had larger threads for the rear line, but I think I remember check valve threading in there, before the brake line. The brake line itself might have been smaller but I don't remember. Either way, you should be able to find some brass adapters. My NAPA carries anything you could ever need, but if yours doesn't, there's always Fastenal.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #45

Quote:
I know the drum brake M/C had larger threads for the rear line, but I think I remember check valve threading in there, before the brake line. The brake line itself might have been smaller but I don't remember. Either way, you should be able to find some brass adapters. My NAPA carries anything you could ever need, but if yours doesn't, there's always Fastenal.

Alright sweet letís do it. Injector pump, hydro boost and cruise control all in one weekend?! Maaaaaybe.

Do the ford vans normally have a steering fluid cooler? I have cummins in mine that doesnít currently use one.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #46

Garage
Van is a 2006: When I had my Hydroboost done, the shop also upgraded to a larger cooler.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #47

My V10 does have a power steering cooler. I think it was standard with all V10s. Not sure about the smaller motors. Seems to work. I never touched the factory fluid. Didn't get touched until the motor was pulled at 460,000 miles.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #48

Quote:
My V10 does have a power steering cooler. I think it was standard with all V10s. Not sure about the smaller motors. Seems to work. I never touched the factory fluid. Didn't get touched until the motor was pulled at 460,000 miles.

Gotcha. Iíll look for one. Seems like it couldnít hurt and will likely help.

I pulled the trigger on this one but realized it says 09-16. Any idea if the mounting is still the same on 09+?

This one is a from 16 with 45k so I figured itíd be good to get and install without needing to track down a reseal kit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1013.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	36087