Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by torboschen View Post
Anyone have any experience with this vendor?
https://www.powerbrakeservice.net/index.html
Matt Sweeting, he has a one stop shopping kit for the various models in the E-series line.
Here is pricing to upgrade my 2001 E250 Agile 4x4 GTRV converted to a powered Opt Overland Top. She weighs 8200 lbs and towing my non braked raft trailer can get a bit spicy. These are all new parts.
Any thoughts or advice welcome!
Does the Hydroboost affect low speed steering under braking? Any other unanticipated issues?
Thanks, Tor

Hydro-Boost: 475
1-5/16 bore master cylinder: 125
4 Rubber Hose Kit: 265
shipping: 40
Total: $905 shipped

Matthew Sweeting
SPEED Manufacturing
(Sweeting Performance Engineering Marketing & Design)
(714) 330-5286
www.powerbrakeservice.net
mattpowerbrake@yahoo.com
youtube.com/powerbrakeservice

Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on this and I spoke with Mathew who was super helpful and friendly. My issue now is that It currently takes 30-60 days to ship.

ucsundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsundog View Post
Hi All,

I just pulled the trigger on this and I spoke with Mathew who was super helpful and friendly. My issue now is that It currently takes 30-60 days to ship.
Hate it when that happens.
Be sure to do a little install pics and notes for us following after you.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:14 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Hate it when that happens.
Be sure to do a little install pics and notes for us following after you.

Actually, I'm also trying to find another place that can get me a similar conversion kit since I really don't want to wait over 2 months to use my van.

And yes, If I do decide to do the job on my own, I will record the whole session.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:36 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreng View Post
I just completed the hydroboost conversion last month using all Ford parts.
The 2006 E450 hydroboost master cylinder accepted the same hard lines as the stock 2006 E350 vacuum master cylinder...just reverse the line placement.
2006 E450 hydroboost master cylinder...large port is towards the front

2006 E350 vacuum master cylinder - large port is towards the rear.

On top of far better braking vs. vacuum, there is a lot more room in the booster/coolant bottle area.

Once I get an electric vacuum pump, no more need to worry about the belt driven vacuum pump.

Hi Unreng,

Can you share a parts list of what Ford parts are needed to do this conversion? I really don't want to wait for the hydoboost kit from Sweetie performance that will take over 2 months to arrive. I'm hoping i can get the van back up and running sooner with the route you took. My van is at a local shop now and if we can source the parts sooner, i will have them do it.

thanks,

Alex
Old 01-06-2023, 07:45 PM   #85

Garage
I have a couple of new leftover brake lines from doing mine. Bought extra just in case as I winged it doing mine. Hydro is great and comes on strong once you get into it. I can inventory and send to you if you want. Let me know.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:11 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
I have a couple of new leftover brake lines from doing mine. Bought extra just in case as I winged it doing mine. Hydro is great and comes on strong once you get into it. I can inventory and send to you if you want. Let me know.

That would be awesome! Is your rig a 2006 Eb350 SportsMobile? Let me know what you have and I can start creating a parts list.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:47 PM   #87

Would that by chance be the same parts list for a 2005 EB350 4x4 Sportsmobile? We're planning a couple month Alaska trip this year and I'm feeling like I'm having to press the brake pedal harder to get the van to stop on the steep street in front of my house. The vaccuum pump and boost are original w/ 50K miles on them. It sound like the right preventative maintenance to do.
dpekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:23 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpekin View Post
Would that by chance be the same parts list for a 2005 EB350 4x4 Sportsmobile? We're planning a couple month Alaska trip this year and I'm feeling like I'm having to press the brake pedal harder to get the van to stop on the steep street in front of my house. The vaccuum pump and boost are original w/ 50K miles on them. It sound like the right preventative maintenance to do.
Hi,

I ending up just replacing the brake booster pump since the parts for the upgrade is another month out. I was told 60days before they can ship. 😞. I already replaced the booster and now I just did the vacuum pump which should last another 75kmiles 🤞. Good luck though, and I do plan on doing this once it I have issues again.