Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2019, 10:14 PM   #31

Yes the suction cup and pull are connected. I have limo tint on all the windows so hard to see out of them anyway, especially at night. If I can get them to look nice they'll just stay up, at least the rear doors and rear two side windows.
Was planning on making them reversible, flip the suction cup around and use them on the opposite sides, but only during this project did I learn the two rear doors are different sizes, never noticed.

gwbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #32

Bumping an old thread. I'm about to work on window shade solution.

Workstreams:
1. Emailed overlandgearguy but haven't heard back on timing, and whether they could be rolled-up.
2. Ordered the suction cup full set like shadetreevanman from "high end motorsport" website ($269 for full set for EB E350).
3. If I can't buy something rollable, will work on copying ndubes implementation, with strips of Low-E inside of ripstop fabric.

Questions:
A. Is there some reason Low-e can't be found on Amazon? Is there some kind of proprietary distribution network?
B. Do I need to worry about the type of fabric? (that won't get mildewed after absorbing the condensation and then being rolled up)

Thanks!
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #33

If you are in a humid climate and do not want to risk water going near your blinds and windows, you can also use a vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment. It will suck all the dirt out of your blinds, keeping them dirt free.
Andrew Coates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:41 AM   #34

ndubes -- your Amazon link doesn't work - any chance to check and re-post ? Thanks !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:24 PM   #35

Search Amazon for ‘reflective foam core insulation’ and it will return a lot of options.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #36

What van/vehicle did you put those in, Patience? I clicked on your link but don't see any option for Ford Econoline or any variation there.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote