Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #1

Ideas to remake old-style gaucho bed?

Hi all,
I am still looking for some way to make my Gaucho less heavy, yet more comfortable? This is the old type that comes in pieces, removable back etc. Not very comfy, and
very hard to lift! My idea was to peplace the whole thing with an aluminum cot type platform with a foldable memory foam topper. Hopefully have the cot piece with hinges so I don’t need to lift the whole works at the same time? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks everyone,
ConnieKat

ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #2

Unfortunately I don't think the end result will be better than what you have now. How do you mean 'heavy' with your gaucho? Do you mean it's hard for you to change it from sitting to sleeping position? I have been in some SMBs where these were just a pain, not sure how to remedy that.

If I were you I would consider having an auto upholstery shop redo your current gaucho pieces with memory foam.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #3

My recently bought 2011 SMB had the gaucho. The design of the pivot mechanism msjes it very hard to lift for sure. I hope to spend some time this spring trying to figure out an improvement.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote