Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #1

LED Work and Camp Sight Lights

I came across a very well made LED Work/Camping Flood Light that is approximately 1/3 smaller than the existing Hella type lights that a number of us have employed on our Vans .In comparison to the 5 Hella double work lights that I had SportsMobile install on our Aluminess rack before delivery I found that I am realizing more usable light in a stronger less obtrusive package ( I have already torn 2 of the Hella's off while moving thru brush/tree lined trails ) I tested two of them out last night for 3 hours and found them to draw 1.3 Amps per hour per light where the Hella Double was operating at 9.16 amps per light X 2 per Van Side for a power sucking 18 Amps per hour I am replacing all 5 of the Hellas shortly . You can purchase these Maxxima MWL-05 High Output LED 's from the following company with great service and quick in house shipping !
http://www.EastCoastTruckStuff.com Ask for Nikki if you call at (508)586-1666 I noted that they carried many of the Emergency Vehicle type lights like the ones Jage was interested in for I believe for rear bumper light use .
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Site Team

Re: LED Work and Camp Sight Lights

Nice find, and seems a decent price.

--------------------------------------
[EDIT]
Browsing through their online shop, I came across these which I like. Would be an interesting option for the rear Aluminess, on the "corner" that is at about a 45 degree angle from the rear face of the bumper. Provides a combination brake light, turn signal and backup light. Aesthetically though, I don't know a round lamp would look good on the bumper with the rectangular backup lamp cutouts. If I were to start over on a rear Aluminess, I would probably go for the oval, LED auxilliary backup trailer lamps mounted in the rubber grommets, and then dd these on "the corners".

Maxxima: Hybrid Series 4" Round Flange Mount, Back-up & Stop/Turn/Tail with 27 LEDs
- Combines STT & Back-up function in one unit. - 100,000 Hour Rated LED Life - 18 WHITE LEDs, 9 RED LEDs
Price: $47.49
--------------------------------------

Herb
Old 10-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #3

That is a great idea Herb , especially in very tight spot's in low light or darkness .
greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #4

While we're on the subject of high output led flood lights, here's an even more compact higher output unit for close to the same price:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/Dually-2 ... llyled.htm
PSmith is offline   Reply With Quote