Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #1

Lifeline battery sale

I was searching for a new house battery. Lifeline is supposed to be the best. I found a place that would sell it to my with S&H included for 486.00. That was a smoking deal as far as I could tell. Call Tri-state battery ask for gary 1 800 852 9700. Lifeline gpl-4dl battery.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #2

Re: Lifeline battery sale

Lots of looks, but no replies. This tells me either it is not that great of deal, or you guys dont have to replace your house batteries all that often. I will be replacing the other two car batteries and would love suggestions of what kind you guys use. Is there a parts thread that would have parts, best prices and where to buy?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

SMB switched to a different make house battery to save money. It seems that you found a good price but I haven't looked lately. Lifeline is a top rated battery. (This is not to say SMB is selling a poor battery).

Even the best battery can be destroyed by a mishap so you have to weigh that. But a good AGM can take more abuse than a cheap model and Lifeline by Concord are some of the best tested.

Info from Northern Arizona Wind & Sun
4091 East Huntington Drive, Suite B
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
We sell the Concorde (and Lifeline, made by Concorde) AGM batteries.
Why we like AGM batteries:
"The charging voltages are the same as for any standard battery - no need for any special adjustments or problems with incompatible chargers or charge controls. And, since the internal resistance is extremely low, there is almost no heating of the battery even under heavy charge and discharge currents. The Concorde (and most AGM) batteries have no charge or discharge current limits.

AGM's have a very low self-discharge - from 1% to 3% per month is usual. This means that they can sit in storage for much longer periods without charging than standard batteries. The Concorde batteries can be almost fully recharged (95% or better) even after 30 days of being totally discharged.
These are some typical (minimum - maximum) typical expectations for batteries if used in deep cycle service. There are so many variables, such as depth of discharge, maintenance, temperature, how often and how deep cycled, etc. that it is almost impossible to give a fixed number. (AGM deep cycle: 4-7 years)"

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

with our batts only being a little more than a year old, we just dont have a need yet.....
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBDAD
I was searching for a new house battery. Lifeline is supposed to be the best. I found a place that would sell it to my with S&H included for 486.00. That was a smoking deal as far as I could tell. Call Tri-state battery ask for gary 1 800 852 9700. Lifeline gpl-4dl battery.
This ended up being the wrong battery. Gary called Lifeline and since they are only 1 hour away they said they would take back the 4dl and let me pick up the 8dl. Gary sold me the 8dl for $535.00. No vested interest, just awesome service and deal!