Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #1

Locking Fuel Door

Buji ,
I was called and informed that AllSales had completed our Locking Billet Fuel Doors and was hoping that you might provide some information and possibly
photographs of the finished product . Model #6056 -KCL They at my suggestion have also contacted SportsMobile about making this an option in the very near future for our vehicles . I will be looking foward to your post
Thanks Buji
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #2

I'm curious, what is the advantage of a locking fuel door over a locking fuel cap?

Do you have an inside release, with no key (like my car)? Or?

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #3

Fuel door

Probably no real advantage other than the esthetics and $80.00 or more for the Billet Fuel Door . you can access their web site at www.allsalesmfg.com they make some very nice and reasonably priced after market accessories that I have used on several other vehicle's . I am trying to get them more interested in more items that will work for our SportsMobiles . I plan to leave my existing
locking fuel cap on after the install of this Billet Fuel Door .
Greggde
Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #4

My homemade locking door can be left unlocked. That is a huge advantage because on long trips I just leave it unlocked and don't have to futz with the keys at every fillup.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #5

Yes, I need the key every time I fill my tank - that's only every 500-600 miles, or once a day when traveling. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the thought of someone siphoning my $5/gallon diesel out of my tank.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #6

I top off a lot, especially when I come across cheaper fuel. I'm also wholly annoyed by my locking Jeep cap and fing myself cursing the day I bought it at every fillup. Ok, it's not quite that bad, but I like the locking doors a lot better.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #7

Fuel DoorContact

Here is the Name and phone number of the company who carries all of the inventory shown on the AllSales Web Site . For the Billet Fuel Doors etc.
Billet Candy
(530) 558 - 5091 Contact person is Amanda
Note: they are currently upgrading their Web Site with photographs so you will have to access the AllSales site for the time being to view the numerous item's offered .
Greggde
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #8

Get Locking Fuel Cap From The Dealer

I just went to the Dodge dealer and got a locking internal gas cap for my SMB (no locking door). Cost me $12 and it fits perfectly inside the door. Why modify the exterior when all you need is a new cap on the interior?

Mike in Charlotte
Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
Interestingly enough...

My buddy up in sacramento was leaving for work at night when he saw a car stopped perpendicular to his car and someone lying underneath. When he yelled hey, the took off. Apparently they had drilled a hole in his brand new 07 Tacoma's gas tank and was draining the fuel. he caught the rest of the fuel but needed to buy a new tank Oh yah, and he didn't even have a locking gas cap. I guess they didn't even want to siphon hehe

joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #10

Re: Get Locking Fuel Cap From The Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestead
Cost me $12 and it fits perfectly inside the door. Why modify the exterior when all you need is a new cap on the interior?
Again I hate my locking cap. Plus for the same $12 I came away with matching keys for both vehicles and a nice hole saw drill bit to boot.

Of course I don't get the chrome factor of a billet locking door, but there is no accounting for bling.