Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #1

Maintenance

I Took the SportsMobile to Bob's Brake & Alignment for an approved SportsMobile fuel tank
warranty repair for the leak that I was experiencing and found that the cause of my driveway staining leak was overfilling and the subsequent expansion of the diesel fuel .Manny dropped the 1/3 full tank and Smoke Tested the complete system , and found that everything was fine,
Everything except the Dummy at the pump ! Manny also discovered that during the build of the van that my driver side rear Hard Brake Line was badly kinked and that 70 per cent of my braking was with the front Brakeman upgrade , had them repair this with SportsMobile's blessing and was amazed at the difference in the feel and stopping ability of our Van , thank goodness for Manny's thorough inspection . I also had them perform the recommended torque
maintenance and change my Atlas Transfer Case fluid , this by the way was my third torque
maintenance in 16,000 miles and was surprised at the number of items that needed tightening. Hubert and Manny are now able to perform approved warranty work on our SportsMobile's , thanks to Peter Del Toro who has realized the need for service without the laborious long drive to Fresno . Bob's will be changing their name to South Bay Auto soon , but will still be at the same location and phone number . These guys Love working on the SportsMobile's and it shows . I am glad that Peter has taken the time to exercise this good judgement, makes for a much shorter/ nicer day .
Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Re: Maintenance

That's good to know! Thanks Greg for relaying us the info.

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #3

Super news. Hubert and Manny are excellent and have done a lot of work on my SMB and other vehicles. Well worth the drive and as you say, far better than a drive up to Fresno. Very good news that they have SMB clearance for warranty work too.

Just curious, what is the 'torque maintenance' you mention?

Thanks
Rob
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #4

Rob ,
You should have received a maintenance schedule with your SportsMobile , that defines the recommended intervals , I provided Hubert and Manny with a copy as well as copies of other
operating systems. I call Peter and he thought that it would be beneficial for him to mail the boy's a complete set of manuals for the various operating system's . Hubert has purchased all of the current manuals for our van's from Ford . They were able to reset my engine fuel code after my fuel tank inspection . They are very excited with the fact that they dealing with Sportsmobile direct and am sure they will do a great job . Rob , if you do not have torque schedule let me know and I will FAX it to you .
Greggde
Old 04-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde
Rob ,
You should have received a maintenance schedule with your SportsMobile , that defines the recommended intervals , I provided Hubert and Manny with a copy as well as copies of other
operating systems. I call Peter and he thought that it would be beneficial for him to mail the boy's a complete set of manuals for the various operating system's . Hubert has purchased all of the current manuals for our van's from Ford . They were able to reset my engine fuel code after my fuel tank inspection . They are very excited with the fact that they dealing with Sportsmobile direct and am sure they will do a great job . Rob , if you do not have torque schedule let me know and I will FAX it to you .
Greggde
Greggde,
Many thanks for the detailed info.

I'll check my SMB file and see if I can find that maintenance schedule with the torque specs.

But if not, no problem as you've already given a copy to Hubert/Manny and they do all of my maintenance anyways. I'll make sure and have them cover this on my next visit.

Now, if BBA worked on Ford PSD motors and also did suspension work that would be ideal. One stop for all of my SMB needs and people I trust to do quality work.

Rob
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #6

I just Scan Snapped a copy of the SportsMobile 4X4 Torque Specifications to my Gallery for those of you that don't have a copy .
This was something that I specified at the time of delivery , so some of you may not have it in your manuals .
Greggde
Old 04-11-2009, 06:04 AM   #7

Thank you Greggde! That's a useful checklist with many items I bet I haven't had checked in our SMB's 20K miles.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #8

Thanks to Greggede and the rest of you, I am going in tomorrow to Bobs for the torque spec check, rear shocks, and general maintenance. Want to get ready for Moab.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
CJ

Send a message via Yahoo to CJ

Adress and Tele. for Bob's Brake & Alignment? anyone?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Here's what I found: Steve or Greggde can confirm.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-20491548...nment-lawndale

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote