Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #51

greggearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #52

After I drive it for a while and I'm convinced it doesn't contact anything ever - I'll spot weld the clamp together joints to make sure they don't move at all. I've got a spare 3" glass pack I might add in the straight section, but really at this point, the intake is louder than the exhaust.

On the intake, I used a cheap Ford MAF adapter off ebay with a cheapie filter that is 3.5" diameter. Then I bought the silicone coupler and 30 deg aluminum elbow from Silicone Intakes (LOCAL but took over a week to get the stuff - sigh). Then added a pre-filter to help the filter deal with water and bigger particals.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Intake Adapter + BLUE Filter For 94-96 Bronco 5.0L 5.8L V8 | eBay

FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K339L For K&N Air Filter RX-4990, Filter Wrap RX-4990DL
Old 09-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #53

Looks great Greg. If you would a sound clip/video of this unusual beast would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #54

I'll try to do that today. My video capabilities are low.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #55

Pretty bad little video, but you get the idea. I'll try to get a mount, so I can concentrate on driving, and you can see more/better what's going on.

https://youtu.be/t98ymSdHQGk
Old 10-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #56

I am planning on getting my trailer brake controller wired up this weekend, and getting at least one of the fold down bed platforms done. I would also like to make a rear defrost "assist" setup, because I don't want to install a wired window defrost thing on the back windows.

What I am thinking is using a bilge blower fan through a PVC pipe to route the warmer front cabin air to the back to blow on the windows. No idea if it will help at all, but I'll post up pics and if it does, so much the better!
Old 10-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #57

OK, well, end of a long day, and no pictures, so have to wait til tomorrow.

I was able to get the lids to my side 'tool boxes' over the wheel wells partially finished (needed to do that before starting the fold down bed platforms). I was also able to get the fold down bed platforms done in rough-draft form. Need lots of finishing, but I think they will work well, and I love the convertible utility of the back area.

I knew my front brake pads were getting thin, and ever since an emergency stop coming down a mountain pass, they haven't felt the same. I think one of the calipers had the pistons get half-stuck. So, I replaced the rotors, pads and calipers today. I was SUPER thankful Craig at Whitefeather conversions could tell me the front axle on my S-K van was a 1992 F250, so I could get brake parts. However, I hate that design of front end/hub, etc. Have to pull everything apart in the hub just to do rotors. Stupid.

Anyway, it's done and I'm that much closer to making my trip to Cali and back!
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #58

OK, unfortunately, I am ready to let go of the van. I love it, but I need something I don't have to wrench on as a work truck, and this has some current needs.

The rear main has started leaking, and one of the headgaskets has started to leak exhaust into the cooling system.

I've done lots and lots of work to this rig, and love it, but need a turbo diesel truck I can just use and maintain.