Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 08:26 AM   #1

New batteries - need ship to address

Finally replacing my house batteries. After 7 years of great performance, they died a sudden death. Looking on-line, 7 years is pretty good life for these.

However ...., just discovered the place I ordered my new batteries from requires a business address (with forklift) to deliver to. I do not have such a place, but figured that someone in this helpful group may. Preference would be in the San Francisco East Bay, but anywhere in the SF Bay Area would work. I'm working on one possible option now, but not confident it will come through.

I've already ordered them, so just need an address. If you can help, just send a PM please.

Thanks
Phil
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4172.jpg   IMG_4171.jpg   IMG_4174.jpg  

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:58 AM   #2

I'm no help, but that jack is awesome. Way better than my janky way of pulling the battery:

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:38 AM   #3

Sticking with Lifeline? You've got two of those bad boys. No wonder you need a forklift. That's ~300#
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #4

Turns out my local brewery that I'm a small investor in will accept shipment of my batteries. It's not what you know, but .....

As for the jack, it is a transmission jack from Harbor Freight that I bought several years ago to remove my fuel tank with. It worked perfect to remove (and I assume install) these heavy batteries. Especially when paired with an air ratchet!

I had Deka's in before. They have since been purchased by ??? (don't recall). SMB says they now use Universal Brand 4D (UB4D). They are much less than Lifeline and can be purchased on Amazon, but I opted for what seems to be the gold standard, Lifeline. The UB4D's stamp on them to replace in 3 years. I am optimistic that I should be able to get 7 out of the Lifeline's as I did with the Deka's, so even though 2 Lifeline batteries are the same cost as 3 UB4D's, I went Lifeline.

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote