Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2022, 08:45 PM   #21

Hey all, still working on it, but my POR 15 stuff got lost in shipping so got to wait till at least march 5th to get it now

That said I have another question. This is what the body bolts look like in the van floor. should I just wire wheel them also and paint over the washer ( putting tape around bolt so I can fit a socket on it later if needed), or try to remove them and replace ? Some of the bushings under the body are cracked kind of so maybe I actually need to do this? ( see last image, at least the 2 back ones look like this ).

The bottom of the van has very little rust at all so maybe it is easier to do this then I expect?

kalabaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:02 PM   #22

I am a goof. sorry all my memory is shot. Didn't realize I already asked about the bolts earlier in thread. Paint arrived and I got all the tools I need to do this, so Should be all done by next weekend, Will update with more progress pics and the final pics soon.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #23

Ok, final product. I have no idea why I didnt end up doing the wheel wells, but no big deal, will be able to reach them even with floor installed so can do them later if needed, was just me being stupid in the moment I guess...

And the front seat area was nearly perfect. couple places that where scratched and 3 spots of tiny surface rust so I decided to tackle it down the road since I am not installing anything permeant in the front and have to take the seats off again later when I do swivel seats. ( the paint was simple, the cleaning and cleaning and cleaning needed to get the caked on grime off the van was killing me tho LOL.)

Anyways here is the image of the back after I painted. definitely learned a few things like I never want to use a non aerosol paint delivery system again if I have a choice!

The place on the right of picture where the seam sealer gets sloppy looking is where I replaced it. The 3m seam sealer I used worked fine and seems to have properly set. And I was able to use a normal caulk gun to apply it so that worked well also!

photo upload

Anyways wanted to thank you all again for all the assistance! I am slow about stuff and it took me longer then planed but its done.