Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #1

pop top canvas repair ?

My pop top canvas has detached from the corner. This isn't a SMB, but closer to a CCV-style top. Any advice on how to find someone who works on this type of repair? I have reached out to RV repair shops, places that service tow behind pop up campers, and tried unsuccessfully to find somewhere that works on VW style pop ups. No luck. I'm in Phoenix.

Alternatively, any advice for repairing it on my own? thinking I might need to just add some canvas to cover the gap but I fear it would just get worse over time.
Attached Thumbnails
front right corner top disconnect from inside 4.jpg   front right corner top disconnect from outside.jpg  

neils_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:16 PM   #2

Garage
ug, sorry man. That sucks

I found a local custom spa cover place to fix all the issues with my canvas. you might see if there’s a similar style place near you. maybe a custom car or boat cover place? custom bags, etc.

only issue is that I have to take my canvas to them and then reinstall it myself. kind of a hassle, but it’s only going to be a 1/3 of the price of a replacement canvas and the lady is adding a bunch of my ideas to the canvas to make it more camper friendly. she did say it would be cheaper in the summer vs the winter since that’s when she’s the busiest.

id suggest whenever the canvas is reinstalled that you leave a little sag so the canvas isn’t stretched so tight.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #3

Thanks

May also try an awning installer. Will post update.
neils_on_wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canvas, penthouse, pop top, repair