Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #11

Problem With Camburg

I was really close to going with Camburg but ended up going with the Action Van kit instead. Fit was really good and rides great! There are pics in my gallery of my van.

I really hope Camburg will take care of you.....

Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
Site Team

Re: Problem With Camburg

floorguy,

Your lift looks great, particularly in the comparison picture in photo 8265. How much did the lift cost?

Mac
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #13

Problem With Camburg

I can't remember off hand but I think I paid $3500 for the kit and installation (had my local shop put the kit on)?

FWIW-I put 35x12.50's on it against all advice, but ended up going with 285's now. The 35's just rubbed too much for my liking.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #14

I have talked with Action Van as well as visited their shop. They are clean and professional. When I last talked to them they had all parts in stock and their turn around time is in one day. Basicly drop off in the morning and pick it up late that day. The kit price is listed on the website and if I remember correctly 600.00 to install.

But if your wavering between lift and 4x4 I highly recommend Ujoint. Like has been said in the past do it in stages or all at once.
In my opinion a 4x4 van is going to be easier to sell down the road...
spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #15

Problem With Camburg

Oh ya, if you know you want to go 4x4 go Ujoint! You can start with the axle and go from there.... I eventually want to go 4x4 but am very impatient and wanted something quick and easy hence Action Van!

After I do the rest of the build, I will start with the 4x conversion.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Site Team

Garage

If you decide to spend the money on a 4x4 conversion, I would discuss the downside (if any) that you're converting an E-250. It might be fine if you are just planning to use the van for light off roading...someone like Ujoint could advise you. I also know there are some posts about the 250 vs 350 chassis somewhere on this site.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Problem With Camburg

Mac,

Another downside of a 4x4 conversion that you may want to consider, for your better half, is the ride quality. That is one of the reasons we sold ours, since we never used 4x4 on the type of trails we used. We took our 2wd E350, with stock suspension, at our local mountain trails. Loved the fact that our rig did not feel like it was going to fall apart inside while going off pavement. And my girls were totally happy with the ride. I was thinking ongoing with Camburg as well due to better ride quality than stock and no RSC problems. Action Van was a close second.

Just my 2 cents......good luck!

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #18

First off I want to apologize for the issue you are having. We do not want our customers to have issues getting our products. It is very difficult for us to keep up with the demand we are currently having building our suspension systems. We are a relatively small shop compared to some of the big guys making suspension for Vans/Trucks but we are growing in this down economy and doing everything we can to keep you guys happy. We will only ship products with 110% quality and when products are built to our standards. We will not rush products out the door to just make a buck. I guess it is a very good problem to hardly every read of an issue with our products vs. an issue getting it. Once again sorry for the delay and we will make it right.

I just got back from vacation and checked an email I got to look at this. Before I left your suspension was getting worked on it should be getting to you shortly.

Please contact me direct on Monday jerry@camburg.com or 714 848-8880
714 848-8880
jerryzaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
Site Team

Just got off the phone with Jerry at Camburg. He said their original purchase order for my lift parts that was made with 4Wheel Parts states that the parts would be shipped within 4-6 weeks rather than the 1-2 weeks that the guy from 4Wheel Parts in Vegas says he was told by Camburg. Had I known the ship date was going to be that long I probably would have made a different decision and gone with another vendor for my lift. I don't know what really was told to 4Wheel Parts except what my guy there (who I trust) said to me. So it's a he said/they said situation.

Camburg now says my parts should be done by next week. I was heavily leaning toward going with a different vendor anyway because I had lost confidence in Camburg's customer service. But Camburg said they would "do whatever it takes to make it right." They offered to install my kit for free if I came to California to have it done. This includes installation of the bent beams. I did not expect, nor did I ask them, to give me the whole lift for free. I thought their offer was good, so I will be doing the Camburg lift after all. I won't be able to have it done until late December or January. I'm anxious to see if the quality of the lift is worth the wait. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #20

Mac, does that mean you are going to drive all the way to CA for the free installation?

If I lived in SoCal I'd come over and keep you company while it was being installed.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote